What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
02 2.2hdi diagnostics reader - dartfordsteve
what type of diagnositc reader do you recomend for peugeot 406 2.2 hdi dw12 eneines.
ELM327 or OBD2. can both be used, what if any is the mose precise? seen these for sale on e-bay. thanks for any help you can give.
02 2.2hdi diagnostics reader - Screwloose

I'd be surprised if an '02 HDi is EOBD.
im afraid its all rocket science to me. was a time yo went through a procedure of diagnostics without a computer. i just need to know what type of reader will do my car. without geting to technical. local garage charges a lot of money for 10min work clearing the system and they can't pinpoint the problem. which is an intermitent fault where engine runs in limp mode. then clears its self may be fine for 100ml then bleep! fault with anti polution system.

It's not the time; it's the horrendous cost of running the equipment that drives diagnostic charges. [People think that my £80hr means I'm rich...]

What codes do they find? A code is only the beginning of the process - particularly on an HDi.

the guy had a small box which displayed the fault. at the time it was turbo pressur. the turbo pipe to the inlet manifold was partially blocked. i cleaned this out and what joy she ran like a dream. then light came back on and in limp mode again. as i never saw the diagnostic readout. i was just thinking about getting software and cabeling that i could use in my laptop. i have no experiance of this type of sophicistated equipment. my old 94 transit is very basic in comparison.

I've never come across anything under a couple of grand that can read an HDi - and there's not just one HDi.

Still; they're clever, these Chinese, so there may be a bootlegged DIY version out there somewhere.