What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Photocard licence - paper part - Chris S
I seem to have either lost or thrown out the paper part to my photocard licence.

Do I actually need the paper part for anything?
Photocard licence - paper part - rcspeirs
You need both parts if you intend to hire a car in the UK.
Photocard licence - paper part - L'escargot
Get it straight from the horse's mouth in DVLA booklet INS57P ~ which they sent you. tinyurl.com/5mvfyj
Photocard licence - paper part - Armitage Shanks {p}
AND you can't just get a relacement paper one - you have to have both and pay for both. Still the spare photo one might be a useful bit of ID!
Photocard licence - paper part - Hamsafar
Get one now, a raft of price increases is in the pipes.
Photocard licence - paper part - ifithelps
Has anyone any bright ideas how to store both parts of the licence?

I've looked in gift shops a few times over the years and no one seems to produce a holder.
Photocard licence - paper part - L'escargot
............. no one seems
to produce a holder.

A google for "driving licence holder" came up with loads. tinyurl.com/43sktv
Photocard licence - paper part - ifithelps
....A google for "driving licence holder" came up with loads. tinyurl.com/43sktv....

And to think it's snails that are meant to be slow:)

I've now ordered said cover from an ebay shop at a very reasonable £2.99 including postage.

Still say you don't see them in gift shops though...grumble...moan...chunter...etc.
Photocard licence - paper part - Peter D
If the BiB pull you and request you produce the documents at your local police station and you fial to present the paper part then they can raise a offence against you. Regards Peter
Photocard licence - paper part - rtj70
If you order one over the phone it is (or was £19). I once phoned on the Friday and they told me there was a production run at the weekend. It arrived the following Tuesday. Very good service. But then I've had the DVLA tour and was very impressed and that was quite a few years ago.