2003 2.0 Radiator fan - seadog
On my Rover 75 diesel CDT the radiator fan seems to operate all the time - even if I just turn on the ignition without starting the engine. I can't hear if it's on all the time when I'm driving but whenever I come to a halt and turn off the ignition the fan is always on and continues for a few seconds. This is irrespective of the ambient temperature and the type/speed of driving I have been doing. Surely the fan should only operate when the coolant temperature rises to a certain level? In normal driving the temperature seems OK with the needle in the middle (i.e. as pointing west on a compass).

Earlier in the year I had the common 75 problem of a flooded ECU. The ECU was apparently OK when dried out (although the glow plug relay was corroded and had to be replaced). I am wondering if this may be the cause of the fan problem as I presume the fan operation is controlled by the ECU.

Your comments would be appreciated.
2003 2.0 Radiator fan - oldandgrey
Fan will always run if aircon is on, thats why they fail!
2003 2.0 Radiator fan - seadog
I tried turning off the aircon but the fan still seems to operate all the time as before.
2003 2.0 Radiator fan - zookeeper
sounds like a dodgey coolent sensor in the block or a corroded multiplug in the fan wiring