04 1.4 burning smell from heater vents - special1
I have a 2004 1.4 petrol fiesta that has recently been producing a burning smell from the heater vents. When I returned home I checked coolant levels and oil etc and everything absolutely fine. Also, the temperature gauge absolutely fine. Tried turning the heater up and set to maximum hot setting and the burning smell was very pronounced. At the moment, the heater is working fine, but I suspect it may be on it's way out,
any ideas?
04 1.4 burning smell from heater vents - elekie&a/c doctor
I would suggest check the heater fan speed resistor pack (located behind glovebox).Very common for these to overheat and cause burning smell.Also has cabin/pollen filter been checked or replaced.If it is blocked this can cause the motor to overheat.hth
04 1.4 burning smell from heater vents - fiesta88
I had this problem on my 1.4 diesel. The smell is not present if the heater fan is off but instantly comes when the fan is turned on. It seems to come from a leak on the rocker box breather pipe. The breather is in two pieces and where the thinner pipe (breather) joins the larger air intake to the inlet manifold it leaks condensed oil mist. The leak drips onto the exhaust below and burns, causing the smell which is then sucked through the heater......phoo! It may not be noticeable but if you feel around the joint there will probably be oil on the underside.
04 1.4 burning smell from heater vents - fiesta88
I dont know about the petrol engine, but a common problem with the diesel (same engine as the peugeot 1.4 ) is that the seals/bushes on the injectors can leak. When the heater fan is on exhaust is sucked into the cabin. My local garage said they had done dozens of them and the parts have now been uprated.