Here we go again, what's this worth? - Lucretia
I've seen a W-reg 5dr Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec S Ghia on eBay

tinyurl.com/4arg66

I've done a preliminary 2pass VRM check which comes back fine, only 4 owners (not 2 - but that could be dealers). Parkers can't seem to give me a valuation on this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Luke.
Here we go again, what's this worth? - Hector Brocklebank
I'd say £1200 tops
Here we go again, what's this worth? - Doyle
Luke,

Is this tinyurl.com/4yuu4w the valuation you're looking for?

Doyle
Here we go again, what's this worth? - JamesH
Doyles link looks to be the right one.

The Zetec-S part refers to the engine (I thought originally named Zetec-SE), while the Zetec-S was a 1.6 litre sporty model of the range, the pictured one in Doyle's link. (I used to have one, and the engine was additionally named Zetec-S.)

My mum used to have a pea-green old-X-reg Astra. It was an L model, though had an engine described as 1600S and badged as such on the back. I had to correct mum or dad when describing it for insurance or parts as an Astra S.

Back to the Fiesta, one of the VRM checks is to try setting up a listing on eBay yourself. If doing that, you can see the seller has changed it from 3 previous to 2 previous, deleted Fiesta(?) and divided the supplied cc by 100.

The eBay description is for owners, so it is not necessarily unreasonable to reduce if two keepers spanned one owner, but is always worth asking how that is the case.
Here we go again, what's this worth? - Lucretia
I spoke to the guy, he was pushy and very confrontational. He wouldn't give an address to go to but said he would meet me somewhere and take me to his address, all sounded dodgy to me. I'm not going for it. He almost made me lose my rag when he kept banging on about how hed only had it for a few months (not a couple as I kept saying) but couldn't tell me when he bought it. He also said he was selling it cos he wanted to and needed the money.

Too much crap in my eyes, so no deal here :/

This has also made me reconsider my original idea of going to a dealer and buying a used Ibiza. I'm also seriously thinking about not trying to buy a car before I pass.

I'm frustrated and confused. It's all too much hassle!!! :(

Luke.
Here we go again, what's this worth? - DP
The really sad part is, some mug will fall for it and play his games.

You did the right thing walking away.
Here we go again, what's this worth? - peanut
Luke

Having just sold a car, well looked after, in great condition, for a fair price, there must be thousands of sellers out there who are honest, reasonable and who are selling a good car. Keep trying: you're bound to come across one if you persevere.

Peanut
Here we go again, what's this worth? - Mapmaker
What was wrong with the Cat D car? (Other than that you seriously irritated the owner!)