What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
01 1.3 Dipped beams not working - trev492
Dipped beam stopped working. Was working when parked up, but they would not come on when started up again after being stood for about an hour.
All other lights and electrical equipment working ok.
Fuses checked in fuse box on r/h side of dashboard, all ok.
Are there any other fuses anywhere else? ... or relays I can check?

Thank you
Trev
01 1.3 Dipped beams not working - andyp
Are you sure its not the dip beam filament in both bulbs blown ? Its very common for them both to fail within a short time of each other !
01 1.3 Dipped beams not working - trev492
Good call Andy, both bulbs were blown. Didn?t think that was the problem, was thinking connection problem or fuses/relay, with them both going at the same time. They are so hard to reach and take out to check.
Hardest part is changing the things!! After an hour fruitlessly trying to get the bulbs out the normal way, and just before I torched the thing, I googled ?changing KA Bulbs? ? found a ford forum with instructions on how to change them.
Its wheel off, inner wheel arch/protector off (easier than it sounds, 5 self tappers, seated in nylon bushes so they come out easy) this gives access to the rear of the headlight and all the bulbs.
10 minutes a side and job done !
Thanks Andy I owe you a pint !
Trev

!

Edited by Pugugly on 03/10/2008 at 00:19