What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Car Sales - imb
In these bleak times, when buying new cars with cash, what's the minimum percentage discount we should expect be it an Audi or a Ford, big or small?
Car Sales - doog
dont think you will get a straight answer on that. My experience over the last few days with dealers is that Lexus have offered me 4 thousand off any model..base model IS250 is 23K.

This dealer price is unusual in that it beats anything offered through the internet companies.

Ive tried to push it further but no joy.
Car Sales - oldnotbold
Bear in mind that the real profits are made when people buy on finance, so buying with cash really only helps if they are close to a sales target and need your sale to get them even closer.
Car Sales - Bill Payer
Someone on here commented recently that they knew one main stream franchised dealer was selling stock cars for low cash bids as they needed the cash to pay wages.

One thing to bear in mind in these troubled times - don't actually hand over any cash until you're driving away in the car. If you have to leave a deposit then put that on a credit card - this also handily gives the whole deal an extra level of protection even if you pay the balance in cash.
Car Sales - barney100
There will be diffrenences in price on makes and individual dealers. I thinkk it best to decide on a car you want and get prices from a number of dealers taking into account the part exchange price. Then you have to wiegh up the bother of dealing with a dealer miles away in the case of problems.