What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Decisions, decisions..which one? - midlifecrisis
The time has come for me to stop looking at pictures on Autotrader and actually trade up the Getz for a Focus. Question is, which is the better value.

1/ 2005 05 Reg FORD FOCUS 1.6 ZETEC CLIMATE PACK -- '05' REG 38K FSH , £5475

2/ 2006 06 Reg Ford Focus 1.6 litre LX 17k £5,495

Assuming that both offer similar p/x for the Getz and both are in similar condition.

As a wild card, I saw this: 2006 06 CHEVROLET LACETTI 1.6 SX 5DR HATCH 5 Door
SILVER, 33700 Miles. Is the Focus £2000 better than the Focus, bearing in mind this will be a second car for 'er indoors to do the school run.
Decisions, decisions..which one? - AlastairW
Go for number 1. Zetec is a much nicer spec, and I don't think the LX (correct me if wrong) has aircon.
The Lacetti is hideous. Don't. Just don't. Your wife may never forgive you.
Yep, LX has got aircon. I don't think I COULD do the Lacetti, but it's two grand of MY money :)
Decisions, decisions..which one? - Pugugly
Aren't the parts for the Chevvy disproportionally expensive to its bargain basement image ?

Edited by Pugugly on 26/09/2008 at 19:57

Decisions, decisions..which one? - rtj70
I would check spec carefully. There was a facelift. The newer LX could have most of the Zetec equipment although black door handles.
Decisions, decisions..which one? - Alby Back
I would advise the LX. Plenty of kit for a second car. Younger, fewer miles, just as nice to drive and no alloys to kerb. Not that I'm suggesting anyone in the MLC household might do that you understand........

Don't even want to discuss the Lacetti.

:-)
Decisions, decisions..which one? - Ben 10
Have a look at the classified section, I've just listed the wifes car. Might be too expensive for your budget though, but open to offer.
Bit much for me and I've got a p/x.

Now the idea was you all said the same car :)

I prefer the zetec, but have an eye on resale value in a couple of years. Still confused!!
Decisions, decisions..which one? - bazza
Well, my thoughts:
Glass's trade in price on the Zetec is around £4850, the LX about £5600 or so.
The LX looks like a better deal to me assuming the same trade in.
I had an LX, it had everything you needed, air con , decent radio etc but a little spartan in places, eg no dash computer etc no outside temp gauge. I think the Zetec has those little feel good extras. But personally I'd go for the LX in your position!
Decisions, decisions..which one? - T Lucas
If the Chevy is 2 grand cheaper and it is just as a 2nd car bid the seller in the nuts and try and get it under 3k,makes more sense to me.
Decisions, decisions..which one? - shadyarea
If they are the same as the earlyer models the zetec has the lower
and stiffer suspension to the LX.I have a 04 zetec and sister has a 04 LX
and i did notice a difference when i drove hers it was softer and rolled in
corners more than the zetec . Also zetec has better seats more hugging
and electric and heated mirrors, front fogs and different alloys.
Decisions, decisions..which one? - Alby Back
Plenty of Vectras on A.T. which fit the price, mileage, age criteria. Guess you would have to like Vectras which perhaps you don't ?? ;-)

Nice 05 black 2.2 Direct Sri for EG comes up if you put in your criteria.

Decisions, decisions..which one? - bazza
Indeed, 07/08 reg Vectras, Astras and Mondeos with about 15000 miles on them seem incredible bargains at £6 to 6.5K in the local car supermarket. I am wondering if they can get any cheaper!
Decisions, decisions..which one? - MikeTorque
2/ 2006 06 Reg Ford Focus 1.6 litre LX 17k £5,495 is the best value, assuming it has a FSH. Also it should still have warantee cover whereas the 05 Zetec will be out of warantee.

The additional features of the Zetec Climate are the quick clear windscreen and heated door mirrors, fog lights, alloys and stiffer spring settings, whereas the LX offers a slightly more comfortable ride & lower mileage & manufacturers warantee.

Also consider the colour of the cars, could you live with it or not.

Test drive them both to compare and then consider your options.

Forget the Chevy.

Edited by MikeTorque on 27/09/2008 at 00:21