2005 1.9tdi Coolant Problems - charlotte99
The coolant light on my 2005 Passat TDI has come on twice in a month. The water does appear to be going down but there is no apparent leak under the card. Any ideas ?.
2005 1.9tdi Coolant Problems - Dynamic Dave
You need to get the system pressure tested, and have the coolant 'sniffed' for presence of hydrocarbons - the latter will check for evidence of a head gasket failure.
2005 1.9tdi Coolant Problems - charlotte99
Oh dear, last time I had a head gasket failure on a car it was a big job ?.
2005 1.9tdi Coolant Problems - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
My Passat developed a leaking radiator at ~85,000 miles. Caused by corrosion of hidden parts. No visible leak but was losing about a cup full of coolant per month from the header tank. New radiator sorted it. ~£250 fitted IIRC.
2005 1.9tdi Coolant Problems - Wilki D
Suddenly lost tank coolant twice last week on a 2005 Passat 1.9tdi with 38k miles on the clock. No obvious mechanical impact damage. Some days were fine with no loss of water. When the garage removed the radiator off the car it appears to be leaking between the metal body and the plastic side panels. Hope to recover the radiator for closer inspection but early thought is that it is being subject to intermittent vibration causing parts to open up.
2005 1.9tdi Coolant Problems - Hamsafar
Try changing the coolant and then topping up with 60:40 G12+ coolant from the dealer if the level keeps dropping. For many people, (myself included) they seem to heal up!

My level would sometimes suddenly drop and you could see where coolant had hit the viscous fan and been sprayed over the black plastic. I topped up a few times and it has stayed put since.
2005 1.9tdi Coolant Problems - jansengeorge

Wonder if anyone can help vw passant coolant leak.. Last week my STOP ! Check Coolant Level alarm came up, so checked it and it was low. Topped her up and carried on. Four days later - happened again (I do about 80 miles a day). Topped her up, and this cycle continues ..... Removed the cover from the bottom of the engine bay after running her up the road. The leak is dripping off the front passenger side (Right Hand drive car) axle area. It would appear that the coolant is only dripping on the back part of the cover ? Can anyone help me please !!!!!!!!! ___________ 1.9TDi (2000)

Edited by jansengeorge on 21/01/2011 at 04:31

2005 1.9tdi Coolant Problems - Peter D

Are you sure it is coolant not just water. I ask this as if water is dripping from the drian plug in the plenum chamber then that is where it drips to. If it is coolant it may be a leak at the heater matrix connection which are in the plenum chamber. It is also possible that the leak is from the pipework at the very rear of the head and the leak is dribbling down the top of the gearbox. Regards Peter

2005 1.9tdi Coolant Problems - jansengeorge

[URL=http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/volkswagen-passat/coolant-antifreeze/]vw passant coolant[/URL] leak problem closed. :) my friend help me fix it.

Edited by jansengeorge on 22/01/2011 at 10:59