01 1.9TDi coolant level keeps going low - hot spot
I have had to top up my car twice within a week with the coolant reservoir going low with the STOP hazard sign showing up on my dashboard. On the temperature guage it's showing 90 degrees celcius when ever I drive for 5mins or longer. My temperature guage has always been around 55-60 degrees. I have found no leaks with the radiator pipes. Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Edited by Pugugly on 12/09/2008 at 17:11

01 1.9TDi re:coolant level keeps going low - Peter D
The temp gauge should be 85 to 90 C. Check your oil is not mayonnaise. When cold remove header tank cap and start the car let it run and watch for any bubble in the tank there should be None. When it is hot replace the cap and and go for a run and return. Now check what pressure is in the rad pipes. It should not he high as the water has alrady expanded before you fitted the cap. If it appears to be under high pressure then take it to a garage and have them 'sniff' the header tank for hydrocarbons, as this is a sign that the head gasket is weeping combustion products into the water. Regards Peter
01 1.9TDi re:coolant level keeps going low - hot spot
Thankx fella, found the problem!
It was a busrt pipe which was barely visible with a naked eye. Got the job sorted for a fiver.