06 Central Locking - Single Door vs.Global unlock - a900ss
I?ve just been given an 06 Passat as a pool car and it?s central locking is two-stage, the first click unlocks the drivers door, the second click unlocks all the doors.

I know in my ford you could disable the one-door unlocking so that all doors opened on the first click. Is this possible on the Passat?

In the manual it is certainly possible if you have a hi-line computer in the car but my Passat is a Sport variant with only a mid-line computer.

Can you push the buttons on the key-fob in a certain order (like my Ford) to programme the car to open all doors?

Help most welcome.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/09/2008 at 11:02

06 Central Locking - Single Door vs.Global unlock - Peter D
This is a personal safety feature so that when you are travelling on your own your car not be raided at traffic lights and the like. It also inhibits someone lifting your luggage as you are leaving an airport carpark, yes it happens. If you also enable the auto-lock, all the doors will lock when the vehicle tops 17 kms. Regards Peter
Thanks for your message but I want to disable it. In my S-Max you could choose which method of unlocking you wanted. Can this be done in the Passat?

Thanks
06 Central Locking - Single Door vs.Global unlock - Peter D
This can only be done with a Vag-Com so you will need to find a local vag independant. An Audi dealer will do it for a fee, a large one. Regards Peter
Thanks Peter
06 Central Locking - Single Door vs.Global unlock - Hamsafar
It's a 60 second job with the VAGCOM or VASTOOL. The dippy dealer should do it for free if you ask when they are doing other work, but they will probably say there is no such thing and you will need a £1000 brain box from Germany.

Edited by Hamsafar on 01/09/2008 at 22:38