What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
04 2.0tdci dmf/clutch conversions - smed706
hi to all good news for ford tdci ownersi have discovered that you can buy a dmf conversion for your tdci enginesthey retail at around £240 cash n carry this gets rid of the dmf and converts it to standard three piece clutch (old skool)hope this is helpful to you all

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/10/2008 at 13:27

04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - Old Navy
Thanks for the info smed, details of manufacturer and supplier would help.
04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - DP
Does the manufacturer of these kits make any claims/guarantees about vibration levels and/or engine life after installing one of these solid flywheels? The DMF is there for a reason.
04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - smed706
these are supplied by practical motorists in bridlington
and the dmf was a bad idea allround and its old skool conversion makes no diffrence to performance or engine life and its more durable than the dmf
04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - cheddar
these are supplied by practical motorists in bridlington
and the dmf was a bad idea allround and its old skool conversion makes no
diffrence to performance or engine life and its more durable than the dmf

As DP says the DMF is there for a reason, there must be a down side to this.
04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - smed706
hi old navy practical motorists in bridlington supply these clutches
04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - Old Navy
Thanks smed, always handy to know in case of a cheap fix before moving car on.
04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - Matt P
I have discovered that you can buy
a dmf conversion for your tdci engines

>>
I have a Ford Focus ST170, of which runs a DMF setup, and I've been hunting for a standard DMF conversion kit, but I can only seem to find super high quality/performance kits, which I'm not after.

Where abouts did you find your 3 piece DMF conversion kit ? And would you have any advice on where I could find one for the ST170 engine (Getrag 6 speed Box).
04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - Matt P
Sorry, I just realised you mentioned where you got it from - Practical Motorists.
04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - jc2
I see that the new Fiesta diesels are fitted with conventional clutches/flywheels.
04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - Number_Cruncher
>>I see that the new Fiesta diesels are fitted with conventional clutches/flywheels.

Are the engines otherwise similar?

If so, is the damper/pulley on the crankshaft nose the same as the one used when DMF is fitted?
04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - cheddar
Ford quote extra levels of control over pilot injection etc meaning required refinement can be acheived without the complexity of a DMF.

Are you thinking that this might be retrofitable NC?

EDIT: The flywheel that is.

Edited by cheddar on 14/10/2008 at 11:36

04 2.0tdci tdci dmf/clutch conversions - Number_Cruncher
Yes. If Ford have changed the front pulley / damper, then, this indicates to me that on these engines, you do need to change both the flywheel and damper to do a proper job.

As you know, I'm not convinced that you can, in general, just replace a DMF with a solid flywheel and obtain a reliable conversion.