What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Tourneo 04 2.0tdci 125psi running problems. - smed706
this is a head scratcher for me probs started when i was driving up hill it lost all power and glow plug in light started flashing i turned off key and turned back on again and power was restored until the engine is put under load again i.e going up hill or harder than normal accelorationit will now not start on key but will start and run with a tow until engine is put under load again and prob re occurs and ideas are welcomed oh yeah and ive had it plugged in but garage tried having me over by telling me to let them changed glow plugs clutch and starter (starter was still turning engine over like a guddun) before doing any of the faults found to illiminate themplease please can some1 out there shed some light on this for methanks

slt and this is the third identical post - others now removed.

Edited by Pugugly on 24/08/2008 at 17:20

04reg 2.0 TDci Loss of power - Screwloose
neil

The only effective way to start is to get the codes read; it could be an injector issue - or many other things.
04reg 2.0 TDci Loss of power - smed706
the garage advised me that the mass airflow meter had shown up but thet also that dmf
could be contributing to the problem also but reguardless they wanted to change the glow plugs before trying anything else but the pluggin didnt show glow plugs could this be the causing of these probs as they seem to think that it is the main cause but as far as i'm aware glow plugs are only for the initial starting of this vehicle and it never had a problem starting until the main problem was at its very worse. and thanks for replying
and for your time on this.
04reg 2.0 TDci Loss of power - Screwloose

I'm having extreme difficultly understanding your garbled posts.

Find a better garage.
im going to get it back from the garage its at but cant till tuesday as its a bank hol weekend and i've told them not to touch it
they sounded like cowboys when they were trying to rip me off
i am trying to find out if there was a plausable explanation for what could cause this type of problem
but thanks anyway.
04reg 2.0 TDci Loss of power - Pugugly
If you do a search on the Mondeo TDCi you'll find volumes of information, frustration and all kinds of other isations come to that.
ok will do and thanks
04reg 2.0 TDci Loss of power - daveyjp
Find yourself a Bosch service centre and mention starter motor failure due to DMF metal dust contamination and go from there.

Edited by daveyjp on 24/08/2008 at 22:00

04 2.0tdci message for daveyjp ref tourneo power l - smed706
yeah thanks for replying to this
i'm aware of the dmf/starter problem
but would this cause a total power loss when going up hill or accelerating harder than normal and the glow plug warning light to flash when this happens
the starter still turns engine over like a good un but will not start unless towed
and if towed will start but again loses total power if engine is put under load and the glow plug ind light flashes on again ???

{moved from a stand alone post to original as related}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/08/2008 at 15:33

04 2.0tdci running problems - smed706
running probs for the tourneo i enquired about turned out to be water contamination in the fuel and has done in fuel pump £697 +vat, injectors x4 £200each +vat, injector pipes x5 £22each +vat and+labour
this is what the main ford dealer has charged me .
at least dick turpin wore a mask before robbing the general public .
but anyway thanks to you all for your answers and time .
take care & T.T.F.N

added to your original thread - again

Edited by Pugugly on 02/09/2008 at 22:57

04 2.0tdci running problems - Screwloose
smed

Ahh; the old "contaminated fuel" excuse. That's what they all say.....

Do a search for "TDCi" and you will see that you are far from the first.