1999 1.8 orange coolant renewal - when should I do - jp147
In the Ford Focus owner's manual it says after 10 years the orange coolant should be replaced provided the concentration is kept correct (50:50).

Does this mean that the corrosion inhibitors in the coolant will still provide adequate protection until 10 years is up or if not would the damage from the corrosion in the cooling system that they talk about be expensive to fix ?

Thanks Jon.

Edited by Pugugly on 08/08/2008 at 19:20

1999 1.8 orange Coolant renewal advice - jp147
bump

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/08/2008 at 13:32

1999 1.8 orange Coolant renewal advice - BenG
I've got the same stuff in my Focus TDCi, which is 5 years old, so I'd also like to know the answer to this one. 10 years seems a bit much to me. Anyone from Ford on this Forum???
1999 1.8 orange coolant renewal - when should I do - Victorbox
Modern Vauxhalls use the same orange stuff. Queried with my local dealer at the annual service two weeks ago for 5½ year old Corsa what "for the life of the vehicle" meant in relation to coolant. Seems they expect water pump / a pipe / radiator to have failed by now giving rise to coolant renewal! They half heartedly drained out two litres & stuck in two litres of fresh neat antifreeze (with fortunately no air locks) so I guess I've got a super stength brew in there now.