What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Installing a Stereo.. - Lefty
I have just bought.......

caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4655...l

I have the fascia, but I have also bought....

caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/6811...l

and

caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/6751...l

What I want to know is would I be able to set this all in myself? Or does it become complicated now that I want the steering remote to work?

I have also got......

caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2987...l

Am I punching above my weight as somebody that is inexperienced at all this?
Installing a Stereo.. - Stevieboy
If you bought all the right bits .... it should take you a few hours max. I did my Mk2 Focus a few months ago.
Were there any complications when hooking up the steering controls? Did you put an alpine stereo in? If so did you install the ipod hub thing? Whereabouts does it go?
Installing a Stereo.. - Stevieboy
I installed a Blaupunkt Hamburg MP68. Steering controls work fine with it via a special adapter. The steering controls only work when the ignition is on. The model accepts USB Sticks, so I chucked a 8GB stick in the glovebox and routed the cable into there. I have an iPod but can't see the point when a 8GB memory stick is about fifteen quid.

If your radio has stopped working, either the aerial has dropped out or the unit has packed up.

I hope you get it sorted.
OK HELP!

I have installed the stereo and everything was fine for about 5 minutes until the radio lost signal and now it wont tune anything in!

Why do you think this has happened? Is the unit faulty do you think? Or do I need an arial booster for this stereo? (Alpine 9856R)

I need Radio!

I don't understand. Everything was working fine and now I can't tune anything in!
Installing a Stereo.. - rtj70
Has the aerial simply fallen out? Have you checked?
No it's not fallen out.

Apparently I needed a booster so I went and got one. The guy that sold it to me told me to wire it to the blue and white wire that comes out of the back of the alpine. I did that and it still wont pick FM up.