What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fleece Diesel Fuel Filter Elements Yes? No? - oilrag
Anyone want to discuss them? Don`t want to tap out a long post if there`s no interest.

Dang, too long, I was trying to get it down to 6 words ;)
Fleece Diesel Fuel Filter Elements Yes? No? - PR {P}
Yes, the filter on the GFs new Bravo was e75 when we got it serviced over in Italy last month. The schedule said every 36k but they reckoned they do them at every service. Still can't complain too much, the 1.25 hours labour for the service (in an official swanky dealer) was................e18!
Fleece Diesel Fuel Filter Elements Yes? No? - ifithelps
It is - just - possible to be too brief, Oily one.

What do you mean by fleece diesel fuel filter?

I don't get it, honestly.
Fleece Diesel Fuel Filter Elements Yes? No? - gordonbennet
Are we to assume OR, that you are considering using cut up old fleeces to replace the overpriced paper elements supplied by your local friendly dealer.

Or is there a new filter maker by the name of Fleece.
Or are we being fleeced by the manufacturers over replacement filters.
Or are you filtering your fuel through a fleece before pouring into tank, in order to make your fuel filter last longer.

I have been up since 3.10am and i've got to be up at 3am tomorrow, thats an excuse for my lack of intuition by the way..;)
Just replaced it on the van at 20,000. Not one drop of water in the bottom of canister, a few bits of black (almost floaters) of varying sizes none bigger than a grain of rice.
Filter surface clean, just a light staining. Squeezed it, its like a thick dense synthetic fleece rather than the old rigid pleated stuff. Interesting.

It said on the new one, not to touch the element with your hand..why not if its clean?

Overall, reinforced my opinion that if you open up a diesel filter it looks clean. Have you had a look at yours?

Too tired to write more words... looks like it could have done a further 1000,000 miles, but maybe not.
Strength sapped by garden.

;)

Edited by oilrag on 01/07/2008 at 22:17

"I have been up since 3.10am"

You must be drawing power from the truck without realising it GB ;)
You must be drawing power from the truck without realising it GB ;)

It's a modern one OR, it hasn't got enough to spare for me, ;)
(of course if it was an old school British one with a cummins lump...)

Haven't seen one of these new filters, and i probably won't until the pick up goes in for service later in the year.

I daresay you're not bothered if it would have lasted another million or so, as against pump and injector costs there is no comparison, could you have given it a sqeeze out like a sponge?
Yeah, Just been reading about asphaltines GB.. Think I will stick to 20,000 miles. Manufacturer recommends 36,000. You know I halve the interval on everything that`s to do with oils and filters. I did squeeze it out though, you just `have to` don`t you? ;)

Don`t tell me you`re going to let someone else touch the Pick Up. All the `hoyle` being rubbed off by their elbows as they go under the bonnet ;)

Saw a great truck today, Long `snout` said Scania on the front 1,400 and I think 560? on the front and called `The Gov`ner` something like that. Brooks??? Great looking though. Two upright stacks.. Bet it would be right up your street.
I`ve invested a lot of words now and my `Auxilliary belt` thread went down (allegedly;) like a lead balloon.

Good job you`re into these things

;)

Edited by oilrag on 01/07/2008 at 23:04

Sorry OR, though a nice description of somebody's pride and joy, these foreign blinged up trucks do nothing for me at all.

But give me a lovingly kept and impeccably serviced British truck with shining brasswork, and a crash gearbox, i'm in my element.

I'm doing the interim oil changes etc, but will still have to send it in to get that all important stamp. I still can't quite get my head around the idea that the fuel filter is supposed to last indefinately on our pick up.

I haven't been into the asphaltines yet, but strangely enough my mate, another barmy one, they all are, phoned me today to complain about the £21 he had to cough up for a discounted fuel filter for his fiesta diesel.
He did say however that some rusty liquid and sediment came out of the old one, and the car runs a whole lot better, he's of the opinion that it hadn't been previously done.

Early night methinks, got a lay in tomorrow, not getting up till 5am..;)
"I still can't quite get my head around the idea that the fuel filter is supposed to last indefinately on our pick up."

Wonder if its one of these (new?) fleece filters? Be interesting to know how they arrive at that conclusion GB.

Given its a Pick up and some of the construction site one`s must surely get fuel from company storage tanks, rather than pump diesel.

I was surprised mine was a 36,000 interval....

Edited by oilrag on 02/07/2008 at 21:53