What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2004 1.4 Diesel Injector Seals - phil_ossifer
Hi,

My Fusion 1.4 TDCi has developed a metallic "ticking" sound on startup, it disappears when the engine is warmed up. My local Ford dealer reckons this is the Diesel Injector Seals that are probably starting to melt, and this appears to be a notable problem with the TDCi units.
The Ford recommended repair is going to cost approx £520 as other stuff should be replaced as well. The Service Advisor said that personally he would just replace the seals at a cost of £220. Other local independents I have spoken to have indicated that this repair is not straightforward as the Injector Nozzles have to be "coded" back into the ECU.

I'm no mechanical genius so I don't know if the above is a load of guff :P
Can someone please give me straight answer or opinion ?

Cheers
Andy
2004 1.4 Diesel Injector Seals - Screwloose
Andy

The injector sleeves are a known issue on all the HDi's. Getting the injectors out, without breaking them, can be a joy.

They don't need re-coding, or even the learned values erasing, if they're kept in order; [they don't use software injector correction factors like the Delphi ones.....]

Trickle a little Coke round them for a few day before the job. [Yes; really!]
2004 1.4 Diesel Injector Seals - camerona
Hi How often does this happen with the Diesel Injector Seals,Ihave a 2002. Fusion TDCI Camerona.
2004 1.4 Diesel Injector Seals - Nghtis
Hi Andy,

What was the outcome of this with the Ford Fusion Diesel? I'm in a similar situation (2005 model, diesel) and have been advised to get it sorted sooner rather than later. I'd want it done as cheaply as possible, obviously.

Nick
SNIPQUOTE

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/07/2009 at 19:53