What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 1.6TDCi Strange noise after using cntrl locking - MikeTorque
Ford Focus 1.6TDCi 5 door hatchback.
There is a strange noise that comes from somewhere in the engine area after the car is stopped and the centrally locking activated. The noise occurs immediately after the second click of the remote hand fob (i.e. double locking activated). The noise sounds like a deepish hummmm and lasts for about 2 seconds. It only occurs if I have had the air con on and have switched it off the air con about 30 seconds before stopping the engine and then exiting and engaging the double locking.

Does anyone know what is causing the noise and is there a problem developing ?
Thanks.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/06/2008 at 21:41

05 1.6TDCi Strange noise after using central locki - elekie&a/c doctor
What happens if you don't lock the car,is the noise still present?Could be the engine cooling fan powering down.
05 1.6TDCi Strange noise after using central locki - topbloke
not sure on this model but do's it have a electric waterpump that runs on after the engine is switched of vauxhalls used to use them on vectra's,calibra's, omega's, even think the galaxy/sharans have them aswell
05 1.6TDCi Strange noise after using central locki - MikeTorque
The problem has only just began to occur on the last 2 occasions I've had the air con on and then activated the c.locking. I've not tried not locking the car to see if the problem occurs.