What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Ferrari - DP
I just love the sound a Ferrari makes. There's a distinctive whirr somewhere from the bowels of the things (cam / valvegear??) that they've always had, regardless of engine configuration. Reminds me of the hours I spent with goosebumps on my neck listening to Mark Hales giving Nick Mason's F40 the absolute treatment round Donington on a free audio cassette with Fast Lane magazine back in the 80's. Some of the "drive by" clips were astonishing with the thing echoing off the armco. Barely silenced at all. Just heavenly.

It's nice to hear they're still managing to retain the magic in spite of the EU noise regs. I heard an F430 start up only yesterday and it brought an entire street to a virtual standstill.

Amazing machines.

Cheers
DP
New Ferrari - Lud
Ferraris do make a great selection of noises, yes.

But don't we get to see this one at all, after all the palaver about downloading flashplayer 9?
New Ferrari - zookeeper
if you click on the "see" bit on the web page there is a countdown timer, bout 6 days i think and counting
New Ferrari - wjh2
www.autocar.co.uk have some pictures of the car, main news story. i thought this was the 149 concept...a lower priced V8 Vantage/911 rival? Looks to me like a 2+2 with a folding metal roof will be rather bigger and more expensive than that.
New Ferrari - Citroënian {P}
Photo here :

tinyurl.com/3klvr2
New Ferrari - mike hannon
Seems a shame that even Ferrari has to lean on 'heritage' to name its products these days.
The only real 'California' is a gorgeous short wheelbase 250 GT Spyder from more than 40 years ago.
Still, I guess it's better than the ludicrously-named 'Enzo'. It would be like Ford naming their Mondeo replacement the 'Henry'.