What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1997 2.0 Headlights, how to change over to LHD - jjb1966
Does anyone know if it's necessary to change entire unit to convert from RHD focus to LHD focus or only part of the unit or is there an adjustment mechanism in built in the units. Car is 1997 Honda CR-V.

All contributions greatly appreciated as I need to re-register my UK reg car in Spain and don't want to spend any money unnecessarily.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 12/05/2008 at 19:48

1997 2.0 Headlights, how to change over to LHD - grease monkey
hi jjb,unfortunately there is no way of adjusting the beam on your crv to make it into a lhd headlight (other than sticking a beam deflector on the outside of the lens) a replacement unit is your only option im afraid.
1997 2.0 Headlights, how to change over to LHD - CRV Driver
I wonder if Grease Monkey could advise me on the same issue for my Honda CRV 03. I have also seen a set of lhd headlights advertised on ebay at the moment - wondered if you might look at them and tell me if they would be suitable for my CRV? Very grateful for help.
1997 2.0 Headlights, how to change over to LHD - Deskpilot
I understand that most vehicles are now fitted with asymmetrical headlighting and that lights now target the road, on operating the dim switch, by directing the beam downward only; the beam being deflected below an intercepting "hood".

Try this on your vehicle and I think you will find that there is now noticeable beam direction to the left as was very noticeable some years ago.

I have driven both Honda Accords and CRV's on the continent and have never had any problem with angry oncoming drivers flashing me.

I rather think my Honda dealer told me at the time of taking my car to France for the first time that headlight masking was unnecessary. However, since I was still somewhat doubtful, I carefully checked if other vehicles at the ferry port of similar age to mine were masked in any way and found that only much older vehicles bore the usual black masking strips.