What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Best £3-£4k convertible? - krs one
All this amazing weather we've been having lately has got me thinking about a reasonably priced drop top. As the g/f would use it most it will need to be able to carry much shopping, so an MX5 or similar is out.
Three cars I'm considering are the old style Saab 900, the GM Saab 900/93 or the Audi 80 convertible from the 90's. Does anyone have any experience of these or have any other suggestions?
It would need to be reliable so anything too old is out.
Living in London I like the idea of the Audi as you can get a hardtop for it, but I've always fancied a classic 900.
Best £3-£4k convertible? - freakybacon
how about a rover 216/214 cabrio? £2k will get you a good one witth plenty of life left in it, perhaps classic insurance too. I miss my old one dearly.
Best £3-£4k convertible? - nick1975
306 roadster? Golf?

Edited by nick1975 on 20/04/2008 at 08:33

Best £3-£4k convertible? - tintin01
General opinion on UKSaabs web site seems to be that the 9-3 is a big improvement over the GM 900, especially in drive quality. It looks a lots fresher in my opinion too. There have been problems with cracks in the bulkheads of 93's, but I think these only affect certain years.