What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Juddering wiper blades - L'escargot
What makes wiper blades judder? Mine are genuine spares and are less than 6 months old, so I'm surprised they judder. Is it because the blade doesn't flip over at the end of its travel? I seem to remember in the 1960s curing juddering by twisting the wiper arm to ensure the blade orientation is trailing instead of leading in both directions.
Juddering wiper blades - Fullchat
The blade should be 90 degrees to the glass without pressure on it. A nice clean windscreen cleaned with vinegar and newspaper also helps.
Juddering wiper blades - Alby Back
Agree with FC's comments re. starting with a scrupulously clean screen and blades. I also keep a higher than usual concentration of screenwash additive in the washer bottle and always start any wiper cycle with a quick scoosh of the washers. My current front set have as a result been on for 80k miles / two years and still work perfectly.
Juddering wiper blades - L'escargot
The blade should be 90 degrees to the glass without pressure on it. A nice
clean windscreen cleaned with vinegar and newspaper also helps.

Mine complies with all of that but they still judder. I'll try some new blades ~ genuine spares, of course.
Juddering wiper blades - doctorchris
Just get yourself down to Lidl and buy a set of wipers there, they never judder.
Juddering wiper blades - Big Bad Dave
"Just get yourself down to Lidl and buy a set of wipers there, they never judder."

Do you have Macro in the UK? Paid a couple of quid there for blades two years ago (-ish) which I've only recently had to replace.
Juddering wiper blades - Lud
They usually judder sooner or later though. Mainly a result of cheapo wiper mechanisms I think.
Juddering wiper blades - MikeTorque
Agree with the others, they need replacing with new blades.
Juddering wiper blades - seataltea
I've said it before, blah blah

But before you spend on new blades treat the screen to a coating of this stuff.

www.rainx.com/Products/Windshield_Treatment/Origin...x

It really works, a single coat in winter is good for 6-8 weeks and from a bottle there should be 1-2 yrs worth of treatment.

It's on offer here.

tinyurl.com/5dfh86

The juddering will stop and your wiper use will drop 50%.

Well you certainly managed to "judder" your post by posting a 212 character link. Please use the TinyURL link above. In future we'll just delete your post - far easier.

Edited by Pugugly on 12/04/2008 at 00:44

Juddering wiper blades - gordonbennet
Oh dear i'm going to admit something here.

Got into a habit for years now, when passing by the front of my vehicles i flip the wiper blades the opposite way to the normal park pos, gives them a chance to straighten up. Cures most juddering. Is there a cure for me though.