What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
99 diesel(AFN)- dashboard not working - ferraridave
I have a customers galaxy in workshop and we tried to reset the service interval using snap on scanner version 7.4. It came up on the scanner that ecu was not in data base so reset was not possible.not too much of a problem for our customer.However when he left the oil light was flashing and none of the gauges worked.I re attached the scanner and could get all gauges working via the actuator test on the scanner.Have also tried disconnecting battery but no difference,also no fuses have blown and car drives as normal, any ideas?

Edited by Pugugly on 24/03/2008 at 23:07

dashboard not working - Screwloose
dave

What year and engine? Can you read the fault-codes in the display?

Have you talked to Snap-on technical about this - I've a feeling I've heard of this glitch before.
dashboard not working - ferraridave
Hi Screwloose
Its a 99 T plate diesel(engine code AFN if i remember correctly!) easter eggs affect my memory!!
No codes show up on scanner. Incidentally im sure version 7.4 scanner should be able to reset service codes. Have not spoken to snap on tech line yet coz waiting for car to come back in to talk to them while connected to car and trying to find out as much info as possible.
99 diesel(AFN)- dashboard not working - ferraridave
just to give an update on the dash problem,after speaking to snap on technical they basically admitted that there is an incompatibility with certain early models of galaxy(i guess sharan,alhambra) and the software for scanner models(maybe modus too). I used a bosch kts570 and was able to reset the dash no problem
99 diesel(AFN)- dashboard not working - jc2
It is a Ford-badged VW after all.
99 diesel(AFN)- dashboard not working - Dave N
Ha, welcome to the world of generic scanners. They always have a list of models they cover, but somehow fail to mention the even bigger list of models they don't cover. And the even bigger list of models they do cover, but functions on those models they don't cover.
99 diesel(AFN)- dashboard not working - jon76
hi, got the same problem on a 99 v reg 2.3 petrol. i tried to reset service indicator light with a modus. thanks snap-on....