What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford 6006 6 disc CD Player - Bald Eagle
Can anyone help? I have bought a used & tried to install a Ford 6006e 6 disc Radio/CD player in place of my single disc model in my 1999 Ford Mondeo & also tried it in a an 2001 Ford Fiesta and understood it just plugged in using the same cables. When CD player installed there is no display (will not power on) so cannot even get to the code entry stage. I am aware that the volume switch is also the power switch. (when I reinstall the original equipment it works fine) Am I just doing something dumb? Bob

Edited by Pugugly on 09/03/2008 at 00:06

Ford 6006 6 disc CD Player - Simon
From the sound of it it there is no power getting to the 'new' unit. Either the wiring connecters are wired differently but most likely I suspect that you have bought a duff unit.
Ford 6006 6 disc CD Player - Bald Eagle
Hi Simon, thanks for that. The connectors all fit correctly so may have to find a vehicle with exactly the same unit fitted to try a like for like to rule that out. The unit was an Ebay buy from what apears to be a genuine guy. Thanks again. Bob