1994 E320 Coupe won't turn over or lock doors - das
The car is fitted with Mercedes red/green light infrared remote control system. Have changed the batteries in the remote and synchronised them and still the doors won't lock and the engine won't turn over. Any ideas?!
1994 E320 Coupe won't turn over or lock doors - adverse camber
Does anything in here help?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=56455
1994 E320 Coupe won't turn over or lock doors - Number_Cruncher
When you press and hold the button down on your key, do you see a small red light adjacent to the clear LED in the end of the key? (you might not see all of this detail if the red plastic lens is still in place.

If not, take the key apart, and check for a dry solder joint in the area of the battery contacts.

If this hasn't got you going, check the fuse that supplys the anti-theft alarm (fuse 8?) - in fact, check all the fuses in the fuse box while you're there, rotating them in their holder to ensure a good contact.

EDIT - forgot to ask, are the red/green lights in panels the driver's door & boot, or on the mirror?

Edited by Number_Cruncher on 02/03/2008 at 14:50

Have two keys and changed batteries in both. Both of them have red LEDs that come on when u hold the button down. The red/green lights are in panels on the drivers door and next to the boot.
Just had a look in the fuse box, and all of them could do with changing!! Fuse C on the other hand had corroded well enough to go open circuit, so replace fuse, and central locking now works as well as engine!! Cheers for your help guys!!
1994 E320 Coupe won't turn over or lock doors - Number_Cruncher
>>all of them could do with changing!

Yes, I have done exactly this just a few weeks ago, after a remarkably similar experience. In my case, a fuse had snapped rather than had blown, stopping me from starting the car.