What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Introduction - gpmartin
Hello all

I just thought I would introduce myself as I have just signed up. I have been loitering for a while, and have enjoyed the interesting and informative discussions, and thought it was time to join in and contribute what I can.

To make my post a little more car-related, I drive a 1999 Focus 1.6 LX which will soon be hitting 100,000 miles (I bought it four years ago at 38,000). Has been a very faithful car to me, save for the cambelt housing disintegrating a few thousand miles ago (eek), requiring a tow from the RAC and a replacement cambelt, but fortunately no further damage to the engine. I won't be relying on Ford's 100,000-mile service interval for the cambelt in future!

Part of me would like something newer, but I can't really justify it when the car (cambelt incident aside) still feels so smooth and remains economical. We'll see.

Anyway, looking forward to participating in your discussions in the future.
Introduction - BobbyG
Welcome onboard, the more the merrier!
Introduction - BobbyG
Oh and you have already committed a mistake!! :)

You mention in your post "you can't really justify it"!!

Now this is where you come to get the reasons to justify it, we will convice you!

I know my Bugatti is the ideal about town car thanks to the input from here!

Only joking! :)