What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2001 Y 1.8 TDDi.Start up problems after oil change - WynJimmy
I changed the oil and filter on my car and have since had problems starting from cold,takes 10-15 seconds.Could the viscosity of oil used cause this?(Halvoline 15w 40 used)
2001 Y 1.8 TDDi.Start up problems after oil change - cheddar
Wouldn't have thought it should make too much difference to starting though I think engine should have 5w30, perhaps clarify this and then put the right oil in.

Also just to say is the level OK.
2001 Y 1.8 TDDi.Start up problems after oil change - Paul I
5/30 is the petrol "Zetec " grade the diesel can be either 10 or 15 w/40. Is the filter on hand tight and oil at the correct level also is the filter the right one for the car ?
The wrong size filter can have a big effect on oil pressure and how a car runs from cold.
2001 Y 1.8 TDDi.Start up problems after oil change - Graemetdci
5w30 (ACEA A1/B1) is not just for the "zetec" petrols, it is also recommended for the Ford diesels, although other grades such as 10/40 are acceptable given our temperate climate, according to the handbook.

Perhaps the thicker oil has made a difference to cold starting but as said above, make sure the oil filter is the correct one.
2001 Y 1.8 TDDi.Start up problems after oil change - yorkiebar
I dont understand the comments about the oil filter causing problems; and the oil grade may make a difference but not that much; it is an acceptable grade from Ford recommendations.

have you dislodged a glow plug wire, or touched fuel filter assembly etc.

More likely something else is causing the problem; its just that changing the oil caused the coincidence. Check for secrue wires and connections in ALL the areas you touched and worked in.
2001 Y 1.8 TDDi.Start up problems after oil change - quizman
It could be the cold weather affecting the car starting. One of my tractors hasn't wanted to start in the last few days, I have had to order a new battery, £114+VAT, day light robbery!
Also I would have used a thinner oil as has been said above.