What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Comprehensive article on Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - drivewell
Hi folks

Purchased latest (March 2008) issue of 'Car Mechanics' today, and found the 4 page article on Duratorq TDCi diagnostics really interesting. Explains about injector calibration, and a whole range of other stuff. Worth the cover price if you want to know more about this much maligned (possibly justly) setup.
Comprehensive article on Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - craig-pd130
Interesting, thanks for the heads-up.

Is the Duratorq the same 2.0 lump & injection system that's in the Mondeo IV as well?

Comprehensive article on Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - cheddar
No that is the Ford/PSA belt cam engine, the one drivewell refers to is the Mondeo III chain cam engine also in the X-Type.
Comprehensive article on Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - DP
Very interesting article. It barely mentions HP pump failure apart from on some early models, and apart from the injector coding issue (soon apparently to be fixable outside the Ford dealer network), most faults they report as being common seem to be down to dodgy wiring.

I thought their assessment of the car overall was quite positive.

Cheers
DP

Edited by DP on 17/02/2008 at 21:15

Comprehensive article on Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - spikeyhead {p}
If that's a comprehensive article I hate to think how brief a basic one would be.

Useful overview but not much more that that
Comprehensive article on Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - kithmo
If that's a comprehensive article I hate to think how brief a basic one would
be.
Useful overview but not much more that that

My thoughts exactly, all of three minutes reading, does the OP work for the publishers ?

Comprehensive article on Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - drivewell
No, the OP doesn't work for the publisher. I found the article interesting and informative.
But as always, where human opinion is involved, 'Your mileagae may vary'
Comprehensive article on Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - NARU
I noticed that it attributes breakup of early high pressure pumps to fuel contamination - I thought it had been established to be poor quality metals in the roller bearings?