What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fiesta or Micra auto - best? - runboy
If you had the choice of a 2004 Nissan Micra 1.4 SE Auto or a Ford Fiesta 1.4 Ghia Auto, both at £5700 from franchised dealers, which would you go for?

Nissan known for reliability, Ford for cheap running costs.....I just don't know!
Fiesta or Micra auto - best? - pyruse
Personally, I'd go for the Nissan. Fords also rust - certainly the last Fiesta I had did.
Fiesta or Micra auto - best? - Round The Bend
Neither. £5700 looks a bit steep if they are both 2004 registered.
Fiesta or Micra auto - best? - yorkiebar
Micra auto ? No thanks

Fiesta auto? Not really recommended either, by me anyway!
Fiesta or Micra auto - best? - stunorthants26
If I had to, id plump for the Fiesta - the Micra isnt as reliable as the previous model and the Ford actually does ok in surveys.

As has been said though, very expensive.

Id search out a Hyundai Getz auto which will be far more reliable and will still have some warranty. Also cheaper by some margin.
Fiesta or Micra auto - best? - pyruse
Or indeed a Kia Picanto auto.

I was searching for a small auto last year, but ended up with an older, but very low mileage, Honda Logo. Does the job nicely.
Fiesta or Micra auto - best? - runboy
Thanks for the comments. I wasn't sure of the price - do you think they are that far off the mark? Both are "low" mileage (Micra 8k, Fiesta 18K).

I saw a 2002 older shape 1.4 SE auto Micra at a local Nissan dealer for £5k - that I did think was overpriced.

I think locally most small auto cars hold their prices - maybe popular amongst the older drivers?
Fiesta or Micra auto - best? - Ford Dagenham
Hello.

I have not heard of any new (2002-2008) Fiestas rusting. I may be wrong.
Fiesta or Micra auto - best? - stunorthants26
Personally, if it was my money runboy, id look seriosuly at the older-shape Micra as it was a very tough car with a sweet CVT gearbox, although maybe the price needs some work.