What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
99 2.0 - TC ABS speedo intermitant fault - oddball
vauxhall vectra v reg 2l sri petrol with gas conversion added
tc light was first to light up, now tc abs light up and speedo not working sometimes they will not go off on start up. if the lights do go out they then fail with in a few miles or work agian but i have found that if they do go out and i switch the tc off the abs light stays off and the speedo works but i can`t turn the tc off if the light is already lite
i have removed the 10 amp f35 this time on starting tc nad abs came on dim and stayed on but where bright on pressing the brake and dim with brake off (didn`t try the speedo with fuse out )
the garage i that run a diagnostic said that it was a speed fault and the n/s abs senser at fault this i changed for a GM part. 90 pounds lighter problem still there i have check back with THE garage and his next plan was the ring at the back of the cv joint before i go this root

{which part of the 3 separate requests asking for the year and engine details to be included in the subject header did you SO difficult to understand?}

Edited by Pugugly on 15/01/2009 at 20:15

1997 r reg 2.5v6 - tc abs speedo intermitant fault - sp33dy
i have the same problem with the abs and tc lights on and speedo fault,ive replaced the nearside abs sensor,the car was fine for a few weeks.did u get the problem sorted.if you did please could you let me know what you did to solve the problem.cheers

Edited by sp33dy on 06/05/2008 at 22:27

1999 (v reg) 2.0 - tc abs speedo intermitant fault - Kelseyman
hi
i'm also havin the same problem as yourself and was wonderin if you managed to remedy the fault and if so what did you do?

thanks for any help you can offer

mega snipquote!!!!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/01/2009 at 18:50

99 2.0 - TC ABS speedo intermitant fault - Kelseyman
did you resolve the problem or are you still got the same problem?
99 2.0 - TC ABS speedo intermitant fault - Pugugly
I'll e-mail him for you later.
99 2.0 - TC ABS speedo intermitant fault - Kormeseth

Hi.

I know it's been along time since you posted this message, but I will give you an ansver anyway.

I had the same problem; While driving I discovered that when the engine was "like" breaking the car, the enginelamp started to light up (turnd off after stoping and restarting the engine). I checked the failure codes and the only code comming up was 1. ABS - failure and 2. Speedometer falure. The problem came after I removed the ABS - ring (it was totaly rusten) at the right crank-knot (my car has the stearingweel at the left side). I just took of the crank-knot and mounted a new ABS - ring. I got back my speedometer, the ABS-lamp turned off and I have newer after seen the Engine-lamp on during driving since. It is a easy fix, but the problem could allso be a ABS-sensor malfunction.

Hope this will be helping many Opel/Vauxhall owners.