What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Replacing an 04 1.4 TDCi - bazza1603
We currently have 3 x 5 door Fiesta Zetec Diesels at Work. All currently coming past £100k. Fiestas have been very reliable, but things are starting to go wrong now.

What would people recommend looking at for cheaper running costs. 100K warranties make me thing about Kia Rio's.

Edited by Webmaster on 11/02/2008 at 00:06

Replacing an 04 1.4 TDCi - bazza1603
Bump...

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by bazza1603 on 13/02/2008 at 21:38

Replacing an 04 1.4 TDCi - Nsar
Another 1.4 TDCi?

If they've given you no problems over that usage then it's hard to make a case for trying something new. The Kia warranty gives you comfort but you are buying peace of mind at the price of depreciation which I think will be pretty significant on a 3yr old Kia with 100k miles.

Maybe do a deal with Warrantywise on the fiestas as they come out of manufacturer's warranty or lean on the dealer to extend the warranty as part of the initial sale?

Replacing an 04 1.4 TDCi - mattbod
I think that the new Skoda Fabia 1.9 TDI is a good bet. They are getting a bit pricey now though.
Replacing an 04 1.4 TDCi - Collos25
Why change from 1.4 to 1.9 as these are used for business the increased costs would be quite sustantial,my advice buy three more Fiestas.
Replacing an 04 1.4 TDCi - injection doc
My wife has run 1.4tdci's in the past which have proved excellent for reliability & now has 1.6tdci. Much much quieter & shed loads of grunt & still very economical & still £35 a year road tax. Heated screen fantastic. why buy anything else.
Doc