What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Used car warranties - Morris Ox
I'm just in the process of replacing one Honda Civic with another. The deal I'm being offered includes the small matter of £360 for a 'platinum' 12 month warranty with breakdown cover.
It's not a deal-breaker, but it seems on the hefty side to me, and I'm concerned about potential get-out clauses.
I doubt the car will do the dirty on me anyway, but those are famous last words.
What do people think - is it a fair deal, and who's best for solid, honest cover?
Used car warranties - Pugugly {P}
Depending on its age, I would get a quote from Warranty Direct. They proved their worth when a relative used them recently, totally seamless and reliable claims and a policy written in English. They turned her claim around in less than a working week.
Used car warranties - Falkirk Bairn
How old is the Honda you are buying?

Under current legislation the seller is obliged to fix the car for a period of 6 months. That said if you are buying a 7 yr old Civic with 120K on the clock this will not apply but if it is 3 yrs old. 30K then at least 6 mths is covered bya business selling the car!

By selling a warranty @ £360 he is probably making £120 commission and getting out of his liabilities in the sale!

Warranty Direct - my son pays £20 / mth for a 3 yr old Lexus IS - £360 for a Civic is OTT
Used car warranties - willyb
What current legislation implies this 6 months period. I've seen it quoted but on what basis?
Used car warranties - jbif
What current legislation implies this 6 months period. >>

Short answer: See faq no.5 on the FAQs tab of this site. Topic has also been discussed number of times previously - use forum search to find the threads.
Used car warranties - Morris Ox
Falkirk,

The Honda Civic is an 03 1.6 Imagine 5dr with 34,000 miles and a few toys on - nice, but no Lexus.

The warranty appears on the invoice as £320 now. I've said I'll take his three-month basic cover. After that I'll probably phone Warranty Direct.
Used car warranties - willyb
many thanks jbif

all is now clear