2004 1.5 TDCi - 'creaking' from front - robert
Hi,

I've got a Mk1.5 TDci Ghia - 54 reg with 25k on the clock.

Its suddenly started (actually its more likely me thats only just noticed) to develop a creaking from the front @ low speeds - I've not been able to pin it down any further - but from the drivers seat it seems to me like the O/S area.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Regards .................. Robert

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/02/2008 at 12:23

2004 1.5 TDCi - 'creaking' from front - sirdave
change the front drivers side anti roll bar tie rod - dead cheap and easy for any garage to do.

had this many times in a mondeo that is probably pretty similar, they never appear worn but change it & the creak goes.

do you go over lots of speed bumps by any chance ?
2004 1.5 TDCi - 'creaking' from front - bikerider
A common fault on the focus, it can be caused by either the track rods[wrong grease used at the factory] or the foam inserts at the top of the strut. If it's the track rods causing the concern the only cure is to replace them with modified parts.You should be able to check if it is the foam insert by pulling the dust cover away and while getting someone to move the steering you should be able to feel if it is the insert.
The noise can be cured by levering out the insert and greasing the top of it, you will have to put a couple of large s/drivers against the spring to lever the insert out . Hope this helps.
2004 1.5 TDCi - 'creaking' from front - robert
Thanks - is whats called a "drop link"?