What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Zafira Gsi Turbo - greaserpv
We are considering buying one of these beasts. Any info regards price to pay , availability etc would be nice. Were only 100 made this year ( as the salesman told us )are they as sought-after as appears. We have found one at a local dealer who wants 22695 for a version with full leather, rear sensors, fr. and rr. s/r, and r/rails .Oh he will knock 400 off for cash .Big deal I thought. On H J's suggestion I've been offered one without the trinkets for 17973 through broker4Cars or 20340 with the goodies. Any thoughts gratefully received.
Zafira Gsi Turbo - RogerL
The Vauxhall 2.0 Turbo is as economical as their 1.8 16v IF the extra power isn't used. Leather and roof rails come as standard on the GSi so if you're offered one without, it's a Non-UK Spec import and will be difficult to sell on.
Zafira Gsi Turbo - David Lacey
Roger - It's just that from my experience of driving similar turbocharged cars (Seat Leon etc) I was suprised by their thirst even when driving along steadily.

I, for one, cannot bear to have a car in which the fuel guage drops noticeably every time you glance at it!

MG-Rover Questions? Click on www.mg-rover.org
Zafira Gsi Turbo - RogerL
Having tested an Astra Coupe Turbo for a day, back to back with my own Astra 1.8, both fitted with fuel computers, I know that the Turbo can match the normally-aspirated, smaller engine when the performance isn't used. It's obviously impossible not to use the performance some of the time but 40mpg was realistic at motorway speed (70mph). The Zafira GSi would be slightly less due to it's larger bulk.
Zafira Gsi Turbo - David Lacey
I'll be pleasantly suprised then!

MG-Rover Questions? Click on www.mg-rover.org
Zafira Gsi Turbo - jud
Vauxhall must have a very efficient engine to obtain 40mpg at 70mph from a 2.0T. At 70mph you are using the performance, the turbo is running isn't it? My 1.8T Audi only returns around 33mpg at 70mph down to approx. 31mpg at 85mph.I would guess the computer is using the usual Ford/Vauxhall 10% error routine.
Zafira Gsi Turbo - Dynamic Dave
I would guess the computer is using the usual
Ford/Vauxhall 10% error routine.

10% error - I don't think so!!
It's safe to asume the trip computer in the Zafira is the same as in my Vectra. On doing a manual calculation and comparing it with the computer, both results come out pretty close to one another.
Zafira Gsi Turbo - robert
I get 36 mpg with cruise @ 75mph on a 3.0 V6 Omega, so 40 for a 4 pot should't be too much of a problem. The fuel computer on mine is about 3% optimistic BTW.

Regards ........ Robert
Zafira Gsi Turbo - smokie
That has to be impossible Robert. I've never got better than 28 on a run in the MV6, and it's usually more like 25. Maybe I'm heavy footed...I've noticed how uch more economical it is when you drive slowly (I mean 70!), so I suppose if I were doing constant 70 then I might creep into the 30s.

btw I reckon my trip thingy is nearly 10% out (optimistic), I will do some more checking on it.
Zafira Gsi Turbo - jud
To get out of the world of fantasy back to reality. Having checked the auto express site the 2.0T 198bhp returns on there figures 28mpg.
Checking out the Vauxhall site there figures for urban=20.5
combined=27.9 .From this a owner would me getting around low 30's at 70mph
I've got a good long trip coming up this week - about 600 miles over two days. I'll monitor it & let you know. Its up there in the lower/mid 30's - thats for sure. Its also a manual - which might help. My previous Omega (2.5 Auto Elite) was also excellent, returning similar figures - almost as god as the 2.5 Auto Diesel one I had before!

I'll keep you posted - maybe a separate thread.

TTFN
Omega 3.0 MPG - Chad.R
Smokie, Robert,

Just did London-Aviemore-London before Xmas in the Omega (mine's the 3.0 too) and I reset the trip computer on departure. On return and some 1360 miles later, the majority of which was doing 80 on mways and around 65 on the A9, it was reading 35.2mpg. My manual calc make more like 32.6mpg - but that's still not bad eh?

Chad.R
Zafira Gsi Turbo - bikerman
My Golf GTI 1.8T will do 39mpg at 70mph
I did some mpg tests using my Omega MV6. The in car computer is about 3% optimistic - thats all. Mine returned 34 mpg on a 250 mile return trip yesterday @ 70/75 mph - which for a 3.0 V6 is good - I can't see why 40mpg shouldn't be obtainable from a 4 cyl engine at similar speeds.
Zafira Gsi Turbo - jud
Seen in last saturdays Daily Telegraph,
www.Trade-sales.co.uk
page 14, new Zafira 2.0 GSI Turbo Sport A/C,Alloys,ESR,Sports seats £15700
Zafira Gsi Turbo - firemanmekon1
hey there i see that u were looking for a zaffy gsi in june and was wonderimng if u have bought 1 and if so how much if u dont mind me asking did u pay for it and from where,
we are pesemtly looking for 1 now and was comptenplating going to holland to fetch 1 from there.
any info most appreciated.
cheers Jay
Zafira Gsi Turbo - Micky
I must be getting old and my eyesight must be getting poor, but could somebody please translate ..... ;-)
Zafira Gsi Turbo - Crombster
Cant vouch for the Zafira but my 2.5 Omega sits at 24mpg which takes in a mixture of fairly short motorway/back road action. Grandpa driving on the motorway will return over 30mpg, but that aint me :)

Zafira Gsi Turbo - greaser pv
We did buy one in October. We bought through an internet broker www.broker4cars.co.uk (Gary Bain).
The supplying dealer was Marehay in Derby, saved approx 1500 pounds off list price. However, we had to wait 3 months and collect. The car now has an engine noise which is under investigation. Second gear stiff and groan from steering. Nice looking fast car but juicy. hope this helps.
Greaserpv
I See that EVO's long-term test Gsi had same engine noise--turned out to be crankshaft pulley bolts loose--3-out of 4!!
beware!!!!
Zafira Gsi Turbo - davejones
is the engine noise a ticking?
just had a phase II upgrade to mine with 9 litre intercooler 0-60....6 seconds
top speed 160mph
P.S i paid £15999 10 months ago from motorpint in burnley. i had a scenic but wanted performance and couldn't afford one from a dealer. Went on their website and hey presto. If u register you can see vehicles that are coming in and get in quick.
Dave- If you pulse the throttle between 2500-3500 revs you may get a noise similar to little end rattle. It's something that VXL know about, do it on the throttle pedal with drivers window open and with a wall close to the offside ( which re-bounds the noise.) Check that yours is actually fitted with rear tweeters.How much did the upgrade cost and who carried it out ? Did you get the full 3yr warranty , is yours an import ?
I will check that out thanks.
I got the upgrade at regal autosports in Southampton. www.regal-shop.co.uk/ It cost £1149 for phase II. you get a software remap, 9 litre intercooler and cooler running spark plugs. I have to say the difference is amazing.
My car is an import so my warranty is up in april.
Zafira Gsi Turbo - grantmi
Greaser,

I have the exact noise you describe. It seems to be little black plastic cylindrical (with tubes or cables coming out of it) which is located above the drivers side wheel arch. Do you know anything more about it?
The noise is from the balancer shaft , don't know what you're referring to .Ours has now covered 19,000 miles without a blip . Downside is fuel consumption , driving it like a nun you can squeeze 30mpg out of it on a run around town 17mpg , but it is a fast car fun to drive and everything still works . Got through a pair of front tyres on 12,000 .
snip.co.uk are offering Gsi Zafira's at £16,516
Zafira Gsi Turbo - hxj

Well. I've had mine in the quiet shade of blue for two and a bit months and it is certainly a fun drive.

It was a replacement for a bought from new 4 1/2 year old 1.8 Elegance that had 95k on the clock when I sold it. Fuel wise the old car averaged about 10p a mile, the new one about 13p a mile (over 4.5k) so it is thirstier, but then again it can it overtake ...

The UK standard is part leather and no roof rails, despite what is stated elsewhere.

Overall a realy good car to drive. Only downside was my 7 year old saying, "just because you have a 'Daddy Cool car' that doesn't mean that you are cool." So kind aren't they.