What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Where can I find vehicle dimensions ? - DuncanSuperb
Does anyone know where I can get some reliable comparison sizes?

Here's the quandry - we are looking at buying a second car. the sticking point point is that it mustn't be any wider than our current Ford Focus due to restrictions in parking - i.e. down the side of our house.

OK, so Parkers seem to have extensive facts and figures for every car on the road but i need to verfiy these - they give the dimensions of the Mk1 Focus as 1998mm wide (I'm assuming this includes mirrors) - and for the Octavia (which we are considering) Parkers suggests a range of widths from 1720mm to 1979mm - all of which are apparently less than a Focus... I'm not sure if I believe this as the Skoda 'seems' bigger.

Any suggestions? Or can anyone vouch that a 2000 plate Octavia GLX is no wider than a Ford Focus?

Cheers

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 31/01/2008 at 18:47

where can i find vehicle dimensions ? - Billy Whizz
Well, you could start looking on this very site! Car-by-car breakdown invariably lists dimensions. Or whatcar.com.

The manufacturer's website should list them but I have found that they can be difficult or even impossible to find.
where can i find vehicle dimensions ? - Chas{P}
A 2000 Octavia GLX is, according to Glass's Checkbook, 1731mm (5'7") wide.
where can i find vehicle dimensions ? - mfarrow
www.theaa.com/cbg/home.jsp

Search through the car reviews and at the least the full test pdf should give you the answer. Parker's sounds like with and without mirrors.