What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Drivers using cemetery as rat run - Nsar
Nice. Real nice.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1031875_dri...t

Drivers using cemetery as rat run - Falkirk Bairn
The local councillor was giving us his "dead serious look" I take it from the picture.
Drivers using cemetery as rat run - seasiders rock
This is a grave situation...
Drivers using cemetery as rat run - davmal
There is a cemetery opposite my daughter's school which doubles as a car park at dropping off and picking up times. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that not two minutes extra walk away is a perfectly suitable free car park on an old Somerfield Supermarket site. They can't lock the cemetery gates or it would effectively bar less able people from visiting. I've no great religious arguement, but it just seems a unnecessarily lazy, and a bit of an intrusion.
Drivers using cemetery as rat run - PoloGirl
I want to know why the councillor is in there every day and not out doing the councillor things he's paid to do. Something funny about people who hang around cemeteries that often, in my opinion.

Why don't they just put bollards halfway along the road? If the grave you want to visit is on one side, access it from that side, and if it's on the other, go in from that end. There's clearly access from both ends as that's what it's being used for. Is that too simple?
Drivers using cemetery as rat run - Dulwich Estate
PG is righ. Just make a dead-end.
Drivers using cemetery as rat run - Big Bad Dave
Box them in
Drivers using cemetery as rat run - Old Navy
PG is righ. Just make a dead-end.

In my local area that sort of problem is cured by large rocks that would need a JCB to shift, probably cheaper and more durable than bollards.

Edited by Old Navy on 14/01/2008 at 15:47

Drivers using cemetery as rat run - Lounge Lizard
I'd say that cemeteries are a shocking waste of space.

Why do we have them anyway?

My suggestion would be to convert this cemetery into a public park with a nice relief-road going through it.