What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
How much spares or repair for this Golf - corblimeyguvnar
What would be a reasonabe asking price (spares or repair ) for a 2001 Golf Mk4 1.6 S with 119000 on the clock, FSH but with NSF damage which is wheel, wing, suspension, drive shaft, wishbone, windscreen, airbags deployed, A frame probable damage where wheel battered into frame.
A very rough figure may make me feel better about what I've just sold my daughters motor for :-)
How much spares or repair for this Golf - Screwloose

£150-ish?
Cheers SL, not being completely honest there though are you?>>

--
Drink Lager, Talk Piffle,
How much spares or repair for this Golf - adverse camber
feel good then.

With that damage and mileage I'd be worried about additional damage to the gbox. Rngine will have minimal value.

It will need to be trailered away. It isnt a repairable (at least not economically), so its for breaking. You could always have broken it yourself, but no airbags, presume front seats have airbags?

So you're looking at trim, wheels, tailgate, doors, etc - not huge value.
cbg

Yes, totally honest; AC has it spot-on. It's only good for breaking and breakers like a good profit margin. No-one would risk wasting money on repairing that sort of damage.
Thanks, think I feel a lot better now.
So £850 for the car plus another £100 for the cd CHANGER isnt so bad then, just out of interest, if there was no damage to A frame any rough idea of its worth?
Cheers
CBG
--
cbg

If they paid that much for it; then it must have been unrecorded and they only wanted the V5 so that they could nick a similar one and ring it.

By "A-frame" I assume that you mean A-post. If that's bent; then it's a jig job to check the whole shell alignment and no reputable bodyshop wouuld want to know on an '01 plate.
A-post, doh sorry thats what I meant, showing my ignorance again.
Yes, funnily enough it was unrecorded, motor was bought by a long established local garage, all V5 Transfer to Motor Trade sections filled out etc etc, seemed a genuine enough chap.
Curioser and curioser.

--