What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - a.j
Thinking of changing my diesel Xtail for a diesel Honda Accord tourer i-ctdi,i have viewed a few and like them but what are they like to run.I have heard they are expensive to repair ,but they don't often go wrong.
Any owners out thre with tips on what to look for ta.

SLT

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 30/11/2007 at 19:40

Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - patrickh
Have had an Accord Tourer CDTi for 18 months and done 62,000 m

On the plus side - Good economy, fast, very comfortable and big

On the bad side - niggling faults such as water ingress and rattles compounded by lacklustre dealer support. Am trying another dealer that seems to be more on the ball

I chose it because my wife's CRV is bulletproof, but the Accord is not in the same league. I have had to take it to another dealer to sort out a power loss problem, that the first dealer couldn't bother looking at.

I would be tempted to look elsewhere - but maybe am bitter and twisted by my experiences!
Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - Avant
Not sure if you're looking for new or used, AJ, but if the former there is a new model coming out next year sometime. From the picture in whichever magazine it was, it looks, at least to my eyes, better proportioned than the current one, perhaps with a better view out at the back.
Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - cheddar
Reputation for poorish economy and good refinement, I know someone who has traded it for a X-Type 2.0d and is pleased with the Jag.
Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - NARU
There's an owners forum somewhere - don't remember the address - who were talking about manifolds cracking at c90,000 miles an a reasonably large bill to repair.
Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - oilrag
Flying overhead, manifolds sweetly extruding flowers and fairies and making the atmosphere sweet for humming birds to suck nectar at will. I thought it was going to be our grim northern cities answer to the Eden project. What happened? ;)
I didn't mention in my earlier post that one of the problems contributing to power loss at cold was a cracked manifold. Replaced at 62000m no problems. Have heard a couple of others had this problem.
Am bored sitting on a train so I searched for manifold issues and found this thread

www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1220&highlig...s

In other words if you have an accord its worth getting the manifold checked out before its out of waranty
Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - HensTeeth
Owner's forum here:
www.phpbber.com/phpbb/?mforum=sp4rks
Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - paulvm
Had one from new since May 2006 and nothing has gone wrong at all. Covered just over 40,000 miles at average of 42MPG. Good mix of motorway and town driving in this figure. Very smooth and easy in all conditions, and blessed with an excellent dealer for servicing. Only non service cost has been replacenet of all 4 tyres at 39,000 miles. It just does everything very well without being noticed!
Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - ijws15
There is a post on here about my experiences to 100k miles.

Quick. economical (50mpg for me) reliable (never left me stranded) and comfortable.

Mine did have the manifold done at 112k but very little else apart from servicing.

Now up to 115k. Only reason for not getting another is not wanting to pay so much for a company car so going for something smaller.
Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - Statistical outlier
I've got one, overall v pleased although hasn't been bullet proof and economy is disappointing (41 mpg overall, 75% at 70 mph+ on motorway).

On the plus side, very comfortable, quiet, fast, nice to drive and good stereo. Dealers have been mixed, haven't really found one I like yet. Paint is v thin, you don't have a hope of Honda helping on that one as far as I can tell.

50k review here:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=55535&...e

Details of problems I encountered in France and the subsequent dealings with Honda France and UK here:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=44213&...e

HTH

Gord

Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - Trum
Just done 75000 miles and the manifold is cracked. Was getting a paraffin smell into the cabin and the engine was noisier sounding clunky like a diesel. It has been replaced under extended warranty else it would have been £600. Do I have to expect the new manifold to crack in another 75000 miles?
Thinking of a CTDTi; Any experiences ? - helicopter
I have the petrol tourer.

If you are buying second hand , check the headlights are not fogging. Honda did a recall for a simple fix but some fell through the net. They were replaced under warranty.

As HJ says the tailgate motor which is a nice toy is prone to failure although I have had no problems .. touch wood.

A thing I do not like is that the car does not come with a spare wheel but a bottle of gunge and compressor instead - I bought a spacesaver. A full size will not fit in the space available .

Generally , pretty nice although my petrol model is a thirsty beast at around 24 mpg in day to day motoring.