What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Converting a diesel to run on used cooking oil - 75Frank
Any experiences welcome.
Converting a diesel to run on used cooking oil - Screwloose

It'll run on it - for about twenty-five miles.....

Then you get towed to the dealer to get both your tank and your bank account emptied.
Converting a diesel to run on used cooking oil - Red Baron
I had a colleague at work put to me a similar situition. In his case it was a Honda CDTi. I spent ten minutes trying to get him to understand the ramifications. He appeared to put the idea on hold, but appeared not to be fully convinced.

Either you accept the advice or you ignore it. The choice is yours.

Actually, if I were a diesel repair man, I would emplore all people to put chip fat in their tanks and then watch me get rich. :))
Converting a diesel to run on used cooking oil - marty1979
I've read that you can run your car on cooking oil without any mod's, providing you get the ratio right:

A 10% veg oil blend will work for everyone. It meets your personal part of our Kyoto commitment, and there should be no noticeable difference in how your car drives. 27 litres of diesel and one three-litre bottle of veg oil from the supermarket.

At 25% veg oil in 75% diesel, your exhaust stops smelling like a taxi and starts smelling like a doughnut fryer. It's pleasant and a real talking point. You should notice the slight smoothness improvement around now.

33% - one part veg to two parts regular diesel - is the heaviest mix I would recommend for the British winter, unless you've got a frost-free garage. This level of blend still starts even on cold, frosty mornings.

50% is a good running blend for the rest of the year. Half-and-half is where the cost savings really show themselves. And of course, the carbon saving is good enough to offset that second TV.

Here's where the info comes from: www.ravenfamily.org/andyg/vegoil.htm

Edited by marty1979 on 25/11/2007 at 19:32

Converting a diesel to run on used cooking oil - Bromptonaut
Go back to www.ravenfamily.org and read Sam's pages.

Never thought a site I first found linked from Urban Cyclist would turn up here!!!!

Edited by Bromptonaut on 25/11/2007 at 20:43

Converting a diesel to run on used cooking oil - Screwloose

Now what is it that Ford say about using even proper biodiesel in their TDCi....?

We don't even know if it's still under, a very easily void-able, warranty.