What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
filled water into oil storage - shamla
Had the unfortunate incident of filling water into the oil storage(due to igonorance).I have not started the vehicle.Can anybody advise me on how to remedy this situation

Many thx
shamla
filled water into oil storage - Dynamic Dave
into the oil storage

Can you elaborate? Did you pour the water in the engine; power steering reservoir; or brake fluid reservoir?
filled water into oil storage - L'escargot
Had the unfortunate incident of filling water into the oil storage .........

I assume you mean you put water in the oil filler neck.

Drain what's in the sump via the drain plug, and refill with the correct oil to the correct level. Don't start the engine until you have done so.
--
L\'escargot.
filled water into oil storage - Dynamic Dave
I assume you mean you put water in the oil filler neck.
Drain what's in the sump via the drain plug, and refill...

If that is the case, then after draining, I would put some cheap and cheerful oil in, go for a short drive, then drain out the cheap oil, the refill with proper stuff as well as changing the oil filter.

Hopefully the cheap and cheerful oil will flush out the majority of the water.
filled water into oil storage - Number_Cruncher
If the vehicle hasn't been started, just drain the water out of the sump, and put the bung back in when oil starts coming out. Then, after a short while, give it an oil & filter change.

Number_Cruncher
filled water into oil storage - Peter D
I don't think the OP would know how to drain the sump or change the filter so I think a mobile mechanic is the best bet. Either yellow pages or local rag. Regards Peter
filled water into oil storage - Peter D
I have nasty feeling the OP has filled it right up. This may have displaced the oil out of the head cavities around cam followers, valve springs and the like so definitely a complete drain and refill, run to 10 mins and repeat, then run and keep an eye on the filler cap for mayo and if so change the oil and filter again. Regards Peter
filled water into oil storage - shamla
Thank you for all your comments.Got a friend to do as advised.

Much appreciated.