What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
road test - tyro
HJ has tested the new Mazda 6 over at www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=300

Looks like a very promising car.

The bit that especially interested me was "The 2.5SL came on 18 inch alloys with 225/45 tyres, so naturally bump-thumped over sharp ridges and potholes, but the 215/50 R17s on the 1.8TS2 were fine and I guess the 205/60 R16s on the S and TS would be best of the lot."

That led me to wonder . . . if there was an option of 15 inch wheels, would they be better still?
road test - Chad.R
Look nice too. The profile and especially the rear 3/4 looks very much like a 5 series (E60) to me.
road test - ForumNeedsModerating
Tyro,
The 15 inch option (if it were available) would work out needing (rough calc.) 195mm/65% profile tyres - exactly the same as a W124 Mercedes coupe I had - very comfortable over any sort of bump. Even when inflated correctly they gave a nice balloon shape because of the high side wall; they remain my tyre ratio of choice. The only recent car I've noticed with 195mm/65%x15inch has been the Golf MkV in 1.9 (105PS) diesel & 1.6 petrol engine guise.

In these lateral-G-sporty-drive obsessed days, sadly, I can't see that wheel being made available for the new Mazda 6.
road test - daiking
Tyro
The 15 inch option (if it were available) would work out needing (rough calc.) 195mm/65%
profile tyres - exactly the same as a W124 Mercedes coupe I had - very
comfortable over any sort of bump The
only recent car I've noticed with 195mm/65%x15inch has been the Golf MkV

I've got this size wheel and tyre combination fitted to my mazda 3 TS, so mazda do do it but its not even a size on the current 6 let alone the new one.

For anyone interested, there's usually a few sets of mazda3 15"s on ebay.

Edited by daiking on 16/11/2007 at 17:18