No discs to be had for S-types - Clanger
I had lunch with my ex business partner today. We did a lot of catching up and the subject turned to cars. He has a Jag S-type which was impounded by his dealer last week because it needed discs and pads. He found out earlier this week that there are no S-type discs to be had nationally, so he continues to drive the Discovery lent to him under the terms of Jaguar Assist. He tells me that there is no delivery date for new discs and may end up in the Discovery for ages. This doesn't please him because it's too tall for his garage. We both found it incredible that service items like discs should be in such short supply that a hire car has to be provided indefinitely until supply resumes. I also can't believe that he couldn't be got going again if someone were to take his old discs to the local machine shop so they could be resurfaced; possibly to be replaced with new discs at a later date. What do you all think? Is there a supply problem with S-type discs? Is the garage doing the right thing or being obstructive? Would you prefer a Disco to your S-type?
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
No discs to be had for S-types - boxsterboy
I think I would be happy to try a Disco for a while, so long as it wasn't for too long.

But yes, it's ridiculous that Jaguar have no discs available!!
No discs to be had for S-types - bell boy
--the disco would be alright for a while so long as the lights arent too bright and theres not too much bass
im sure a source of discs could be found if someone put their heads in gear,why look east-----at this moment mr xia lings lathe is under utilised
No discs to be had for S-types - Happy Blue!
In this era of common parts for many types of vehicle, why are brake discs not a standard item. It can't be that hard. The variables are simply the size of the wheel and whether they are ventilated or not. Then many suppliers would tool up and there would be a reduction in cost.
No discs to be had for S-types - bathtub tom
So what are Jaguar fitting to their current new S types?
No discs to be had for S-types - legacylad
Far too simple a question..............
No discs to be had for S-types - Kevin
This sounds a bit odd.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the new XJ and later S-Types (2004 on?) shared braking components.

It's not an S-Type R is it by any chance?

Kevin...
No discs to be had for S-types - Aprilia
There could be problem with 'genuine' discs but there are plenty of aftermarket suppliers (and the dealer could fit these if he wished).
Try someone like SNG Barrat or try a 'performance' disc option - there's a few companies make these for the S-type.
If its a Type-R then there could be a problem because these use a bigger disc and probably only available from Jag.
No discs to be had for S-types - doctorchris
This is where we owners of mass market small cars spit on your gas-guzzling silvery-grey slug-mobiles.

;-)
No discs to be had for S-types - tr7v8
EBC discs on ebay at the mo for an S-Type, keeping an eye on them because mine will need new discs at its next pad change. The same size is common across all the S-Types apart from the Type R
No discs to be had for S-types - Westpig
mine needed discs earlier in the year and they were sourced overnight.... surely someone has got it wrong anticipating demand... and all of a sudden there'll be a glut of the things
No discs to be had for S-types - Andy P
Try EBC Direct - they seem to have discs/pads available for all S-Type variants:

tinyurl.com/2xvoqm
No discs to be had for S-types - retgwte
more likely one of the garage lads needs a few jags for a friends wedding in 10 days time

No discs to be had for S-types - Collos25
The garage is telling you porkies more than likely damaged it someway and need the time to repair it.