S reg 1.1 - Leaking sun roof - bowski
Hi,

My sun roof is leaking and I was wondering if anyone has any idea what I can do to stop it?

I've taken it to a few garages but they refuse to touch it and recommend going to a dealership but I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

Any ideas?

L x
S reg 1.1 - Leaking sun roof - bell boy
i assume its a factory fit
open the roof fully and you will have a hole at the two front corners going down the windscreen pillars, these want clearing with something like a welding rod or a thick piece of electrical cable
also confirm the rubber/felt gasket is all complete
i assume this is the glass sunroof rather than the 1.0 litre canvas roof they sold
S reg 1.1 - Leaking sun roof - bowski
Yep its a factory fit glass sun roof.

I'll have a go at poking in the holes tomorrow, what should that do?

I'll be happy to be able to drive after it's rained and not get wet.
S reg 1.1 - Leaking sun roof - mjm
If the layout is about the same as other Citroen factory fit sunroofs then there will be 4 drain tubes, one from each corner of the roof. They are hidden in each corner and go to a suitable place, ie the cills to drain the water away. I have checked them in the past by parking the car downhill to check the front tubes and vice vera for the rears. By opening the roof fully it is possible to pour some water into the tray and see where it does/doesn't go.
You can tell where the blockage is quite easily.

I have used mig wire to push down the tubes to clear any debris out but I always bend the wire over to avoid the sharp end digging into anything. Don't poke too hard or you risk displacing the tube.
S reg 1.1 - Leaking sun roof - bignick2
We used to sell a lot of the rubber/felt seals for these
Part no 840235 £42.44 + VAT

check drain tubes first though - the parts list only shows 2 on the front corners.
S reg 1.1 - Leaking sun roof - mjm
>>check drain tubes first though - the parts list only shows 2 on the front corners.<<

Should only take 1/2 as long to check, then. -:)