What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Wheel trims - Saltrampen
Some lower form of pondlife pinched all 4 trims last night..just wondering, is there anything more secure than plastic ties to fasten then on with?
Wheel trims - Gromit {P}
When you're buying replacements, look for trims that are held in place by the wheel nuts. The bog standard plastic trims fitted to my '99 Punto are of this type; Ford (or your local Factor) should have something similar.
Wheel trims - doctorchris
Fiat have always sensibly fitted this type of wheeltrim but I don''t know of any other company that does or of an aftermarket replacement that would fit a Ford.
Wheel trims - normd2
I remember reading in Car Mechanics or similar years ago a tip from someone whereby they used small self-tapping screws into the outer edge of the wheel rim. Never tried it myself tho' I expect it could be done if you're very careful.
Wheel trims - bell boy
Never tried it myself tho' I expect it could be done if you're very careful.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> not recommended im afraid
Wheel trims - L'escargot
Judging by the small number of cars you see that have all wheel trims missing, theft can't be very common. That being the case, theft-proofing them is probably OTT. Most people seem to use cable ties just to stop the trims falling off.
--
L\'escargot.
Wheel trims - mike hannon
Guaranteed to upset wheel balance instantly, surely?
Why would anyone buy a car that has to have its wheel trims tied on?
Wheel trims - Saltrampen
I think Plastic ties weigh less than 2grams, and I always put 2 on opposite each other.
In fact the balancing felt slightly worse with the trims Off. I assume most tyres do not need weights if the balance machine indicates less than a few grams.
For those who do not use plastic ties and have trims, then hope you never kerb it or hit a pot hole otherwise you risk (small risk!) loosing them. Honda have the right idea, the nuts or bolts go on after the trim and help to secure it.
As long as the trims are snug and not cracked, what does it matter if they are tied on?
You can get ties that match the trim colour anyway.

Wheel trims - richardpower
If you need a new set try www.quickhubs.com/. If you email them they may also have those cable ties aswell.
Wheel trims - Carse
Alloy wheels?

Carse
Wheel trims - bathtub tom
Why bother with them?
I take mine off when I buy a car, and put them back when I sell it. That way they don't get kerbed by SWMBO. Sorry, not much help now to OP.
On an associated point, why do people with non-matching wheel trims fit matching pairs on an axle? If matching pairs are fitted on each side of the car, it can be years before it's noticed (don't ask me how I know).
Wheel trims - Lud
Of my car's three carp wheel trims, one is different from the other two (but not very different).
Wheel trims - Saltrampen
Re Taking wheel trims off:
How are meant to tell apart unmarked police cars from other cars if drivers of newish cars take the trims off?
Wheel trims - RayJones
tried 8< Website Snipped

Quick, easy, cheap and all brand new genuine replacments.

Would recomend to anyone. {Of course you would, because they're your product. If you want to discuss advertising rates with HJ, by all means email him. Alternately, he *might* include your website in the "useful websites" guide for free. Either way, I suggest you contact him by email to discuss. DD - BR Moderator}

Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 30/11/2007 at 12:50

Wheel trims - DP
My dad ran his Mondeo for years with a matching pair of trims one side, and a different but matching pair the other.

His logic was flawless - how can you see both sides of the car at the same time?

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX