Where,s the fuel cut off switch ? - Carl2
Can anyone tell me if there is a fuel cut off / inertia switch fitted to an early imported MR2. It is a workmates car and I have not had a chance to look at it yet. Not sure of the year but seem to remember it is what I would call the Ferrari shape (80`s ?). The owner is unable to find the switch (if it`s fitted with one). It does have fuel injection. Thanks
Where,s the fuel cut off switch ? - Screwloose

As always; the data nightmare of JDM imports.

The UK-spec model from '90-on doesn't show one; so it's possible that it hasn't got one.

This may be a dangerous question; but why does he want to know.
He told me the car will not start but it has a spark. Off the top of my head I realed off a few suggestions. When I asked about the fuel filter he said it hasn`t been changed since he`s owned the car because he could not get it undone! So I think this is possibly / likely to be something else that needs addressing. It sounds more involved than the usual pop on filters we see these days .
Where,s the fuel cut off switch ? - mjm
Carl2

I found an online workshop manual for Mk2 MR2 (can't find link now!)

I have a copy on my hard drive. It's not easy to plough through, I've just tried. If you/your friend wants a copy I'll burn one onto a cd and send it to you. (email address in my profile)

I think its too big to email, and you'll need acrobat to read it.

hth

Edited by mjm on 15/10/2007 at 15:56

Where,s the fuel cut off switch ? - Screwloose
Carl

Is it now; or has it ever been, fitted with an alarm/immobilizer?

If it's got a VAF flap-type airflow meter; check that it isn't stuck. Some can turn the fuel off.

Edited by Screwloose on 15/10/2007 at 16:32

Not sure about alarm will find out. The car was ok until left whilst on holiday so there is a definate possibility with afm. Thanks