51 reg - Loosing Coolant following overheat - smeichan
Have a Rover 45 51 plate. About 2 weeks ago it overheated on a short motorway journey. Have topped up with coolant ever since but now seems to be drinking the stuff. Have been told its a possible radiator problem and to put some Radweld into it, though can't seem to find the obvious place to pour it into the radiator. Any suggestions please?
s
Loosing Coolant following overheat - Screwloose

Unless you've got a visible leak, DO NOT put Radweld in it. [And even if it is leaking still don't put Radweld in it - fix the leak instead.]

Take it to a good garage and get the head-gasket checked.
Loosing Coolant following overheat - Civic8
I would get system pressure tested,this will show up any external leak,if none found have the expansion tank sniffed for exhaust gases in case the h/g has gone?

IMO,I would not recommend using radweld in these rads as you run the risk of total blockage,these have small cooling tubes and easily block
51 reg - Loosing Coolant following overheat - injection doc
As the others say dont put rad weld anywhere near it!, Fit a new rad cap, they are modified from rover & often cause overheating and unexplained loss of coolant. Check under the inlet manifold by number 4 cylinder to look for coolant stains as inlet manifold gaskets common. If rad is leaking fix it. Its the drop in water level that causes HG failure. Check the cooling fan out too
Doc
51 reg - Loosing Coolant following overheat - ChicksFan
I agree with Doc. Check the inlet manifold O ring gaskets. These have a habit of leaking when they go hard with age. People sometimes make the mistake of just assuming that the head gasket has gone.
51 reg - Loosing Coolant following overheat - R40
Which engine (size)?
51 reg - Loosing Coolant following overheat - DL
Makes you wonder why you bother replying when the OP doesn't post back!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....