MK2 Bumper & Grille - MondeoBlerk
I need a bumper and grille for a Mk2 Mondeo. It's beyond mending and all I can find in scrappies is tat.

Anyone used these guys:

www.everycarpart.co.uk/ ?

They seem to do the lot painted for just over £100 but I can't find any evidence on the web of anyone who has used them and is happy with the service.

The specific bits: www.everycarpart.co.uk/mondeo-ford-mondeo-19972000...l

Their spray shop looks a bit agrigultural in the photo, will they be able to get a good match? Can anyone confirm that they do the job and the quality is ok?

Will it be possible to get a prefect colour match?

Anyone recommend anyone else who does the same thing and is known to be good?

TIA.
s
MK2 Mondeo Bumper + Grille - NARU
I didn't use this firm, but did find a similar one a few years back (for a rear mondeo bumper). The bumper wasn't the same quality as OEM and took a bit of work to fit. The colour was slightly off. But it was cheap and did the job.
MK2 Mondeo Bumper + Grille - MondeoBlerk
Thanks, that's useful.

It's 1/3 of the price of OE so worth a bit of grief fitting and maybe a slightly imperfect colour match, but I don't want to be driving round in cow pat green Mondeo Harlequin to save £200!
MK2 Mondeo Bumper + Grille - Chris M
How can they match the paint if they haven't got the car there in front of them?

My other concern would be fitting the thing without scratching it, especially if the fit isn't 100% in the first place.
You give them your VRO.

Exactly how Ford do it when you buy the OE part.
Yeah, getting it on without scratching it is going to be a problem wherever it is sourced from.
MK2 Mondeo Bumper + Grille - bell boy
the paint shop looks sound to me
the price you have been quoted looks sound
some of their body parts are very expensive
put masking tape on wings etc prior to fitting so you dont scratch anything
always get an assistant to steady the bumper as you offer and fix it up ,saves loads of grief
dont over tighten fastenings as copies can and do break easy
Thanks BB.

Two positive, but realistic, responses. Think I'll go for it.

Cheers.
MK2 Mondeo Bumper + Grille - henry k
Yeah getting it on without scratching it is going to be a problem wherever it is sourced from.

>>
Not my experience.
The aggro was getting the old one off. The bolts that hold it on to the chassis rails were not rust proofed so the rust on the thread caused the plastic captive plugs ( into which the screwed) to rotate. etc. etc.
I needed to get a 10mm spanner onto the plugs, via the wheel arch liner, in order to remove the bolts.
So if the fittings are the same as my 98 Mondeo then get yourself four new plugs before you start.

I had no problems, on my own, fitting my bumper.
It is just a thin thin shell with a couple of brackets and is so light. Should not be called a bumper as it is just there to control the air flow ;-((
MK2 Bumper & Grille - Pugugly {P}
atj201's post removed because it breached the site's terms of use. If you want to speak to one of us about it e-mail us at moderators@honestjohn.co.uk

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 28/10/2007 at 11:05