Radio not switching off - kithmo
2005 Mk3 facelift mondeo, fitted with a Ford singleCD 6000CD stereo. As of this morning, the stereo does not go off when I switch the ignition off. It is not in the "One Hour" mode, I've tried all combinations of switching it on with the ignition on, off etc. but it will not go off with the ignition. Iknow it's only atrivial thing and I can switch it off manually ok, but it's a bit of a nuisance having to remember to switch the radio off every time I switch the engine off.
Is there some menu setting to activate/deactivate this feature or is it broken ?
Would the stereo be covered under the extended (free 3yr) warranty if it is broken ?
-----------------------------------------------
2005 Ford Mondeo Zetec 2.0 TDCi 130ps
s
Mondeo Radio not switching off - kithmo
Should I try resetting it by pulling the fuse, or disconnecting the battery ?
Mondeo Radio not switching off - bell boy
you will need the radio code if you deny it the elixir of life
post the m code serial number if you dont have it and i will decipher you a magicians potion of the code,obviously you will need to remove the sarcophagus from the dashboard first

worth a try ,obviously make sure the security bit on the front of the radio is in properly first first before anything elsie
Mondeo Radio not switching off - kithmo
Thanks for the quick reply bb, I did realise that it would need re-coding and I've no problem doing that and I've got the code, the stereo doesn't have a removable front, it's the facelift type.
I'm thinking it's either an intermittent fault or I'm losing it because I've just been out in it and it seems ok now ??????
The radio was off when I started the car (I had turned it off manually last time I switched it off) I switched it on whilst the engine was running and when I turned the ignition off the stereo went off as it should. I'll see how it goes, no doubt if I took it to the dealers it would perform perfectly well.
;0)