What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Radio aerial - nick1975
Just followed a new XK whilst driving home from work and was shocked to see it?s radio aerial. Some kind of telescopic job, like on my £5 kitchen radio

Rest of the way home I kept a look out, TT, SLK, AF Spider all have neat ?bee sting? type ones on the rump.

To be honest, I had noticed this style of aerial before on the DB7 and the old XK, also on the MR2 and thought it odd.

Even my old BMW had the aerial in the rear window.

What on earth are Jaguar and AM playing at. It makes a lovely looking car look ridiculous. Does anyone have any idea why they do this ? surely it can?t be cost?

And sorry for such a boring question but its bugging me big time!!
Radio aerial - pudding chops
Jaguar have recognised this error and future XKs have now it incorporated into the rear screen
Radio aerial - Kevin
This had me baffled too.

It's the same aerial on my XJ, an electric telescopic unit that obviously needed design time to make sure it fitted OK on a new model (mounting brackets, boot sound-proofing etc.) It's even integrated into the sound system which beeps and displays a message telling you to "Clean aerial" when it collects enough muck to make the motor struggle.

Even if they had a truckload of unused aerials stuck in a shed around the back it would have been cheaper in the long run to install a modern rear window or bee-sting unit.

Kevin...

PS.

Jaguar really need to get lighter on their feet if they want to survive against German and Japanese competition. They have the ideas, they have the talent - they just don't have the speed or management guts to make the jump.

In 2003 they dragged the RD-6 concept car around the car shows. I would have ordered one there and then but they never intended to build it.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=44294&...e

It should have been a completely new model but it's taken them four years to turn it into what looks like a Lexus GS and call it the XF.