What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Next Honda Jazz - carl_a
Over at tinyurl.com/2988s7 they have some pics and an article about the next Honda Jazz. Look sharper than the original but keeping with the same theme. Just hope this version has more room that the last one did up front.
Next Honda Jazz - JH
C
it's vroom the wife reckons her Jazz is lacking not room. It's especially short of torque so that increase looks useful.
JH
Next Honda Jazz - pmh
Is the Fit the same as the Jazz.

Says it all when you see the 2nd most important feature in the Specification is 10 cupholders!

--

pmh (was peter)

Next Honda Jazz - GroovyMucker
I cannot envisage any situation in which I would need to have ten cups in a car.
Next Honda Jazz - Bill Payer
I think there some kind of cupholder bragging competition going on in the US!

I'm surprised by the lack ot torque comment - given the 1.3 engine (we probably won't get the 1.5 in Europe) I think the 8 spark plug 8 valve engine, while clearly lacking out-right power, feels quite torquey.

I've seen some pictures of the new Jazz in solid red and it looks even more like the 5dr Colt than it did before. And they'll be very closely matched in size, as Colt is slightly larger than existing Jazz.

I'll be very pleased if they improve the awful ride, and, while I quite like the interior on our 4yr old Jazz, the silver 'Amstrad like' dash on the latest ones is truely horrible.
Fit and Jazz are one and the same thing.

However the 1.5 engine is often used in Fit. There's apparently also a 4WD version in Japan - which, being RHD, should be easy to bring over here. That would be interesting!
Next Honda Jazz - nortones2
Honda UK have hinted the 1.5 will be available in the UK: about time too! SWMBO 1.3 Jazz is OK, but a trifle reluctant to rev. I'd prefer the 1.5 with the CVT, if the economy is reasonable. Or the diesel version even.....
Next Honda Jazz - mike hannon
Somewhere in the future I think there's a Jazz lurking with my name on it but I will NOT buy a car that boasts of having 10 cupholders! What is it with people? Why do they find it necessary to eat and drink compulsively while they are driving? Next thing will be a pink fluffy dice popcorn bucket bracket!
Am I the last person on earth who doesn't find it necessary to pack most of the household and all the consumer electronics in the car when I go away for a day or two?
Next Honda Jazz - sajid
it says the next jazz to have a 1.3 and the 1.5, both vtec does that mean no more idsi engines?
Next Honda Jazz - nortones2
The 1.3 is badged here as a 1.4, but its nearer 1.3. Still 2 valve, 2 plugs per cylinder, SFAIK, but we might be lucky and get the engine Japan has with iVtec. Autocar: www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Honda-Jaz.../
Next Honda Jazz - III
I used to have a Civic and always for a Jazz as a courtesy car. I liked the car a bit slow but nice and quiet, however there always seemed to be a very low beeping noise from the driver side. The closest thing I can compare it to is an alarm clock but it was really quiet. It never really bothered me but really annoyed my wife.

Any one else noticed this?

Next Honda Jazz - 007
>>>>I liked the car a bit slow but nice and quiet, however there always seemed to be a very low beeping noise from the driver side.<<<<

That's the pathetic horn.....I do hope they have put a better one in the new model.
Any one else noticed this?

Nope - I'm very sensitive to noises, squeaks and rattles, and ours doesn't have any odd noises and neither have any of the other Jazzi I've driven.
Next Honda Jazz - JH
c
you weren't being nagged to fasten your seat belt by any chance?
JH